Is it a full moon?

Old 07-17-2002, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Is it a full moon?

What's going on? Is it a full moon or something? There seems to be alot of us that are not in a good place (in our minds) right now. I am not in a good place and came here for some insight and laughs and see that many of you are right there with me. Who said misery loves company???
It makes me sad to see everyone like this.
My x-A came over tonight to get a few pieces his mail (hopefuly the last of it). When he called, he asked how I was doing and I was surprised. I said fine and you? I am trying to be civil inspite of my feelings. This started a 30 minute conversation that left me fealing down. I did get the chance to ask a few questions and of course got "quack quack" in return.( Maybe one day he will tell me the truth that I feel I deserve??? Maybe not!!! Maybe my HP doesn't think I need to hear it) I also got to get some things off of my chest that I needed to say to him. I knew we would have this sooner or later. We live only a few miles apart and go to the same center for our groups(AA for him and Al-Anon for me). I am glad it didn't happen in public, I may not have been so open and honest with an audience watching. He asked for something that I have of his. I said no, you passed the dead line for getting anything else and you know it, maybe one of these days you will realise that what I say is what I mean.
Maybe this was a good thing to happen. I get alot off of my chest and MAYBE (maybe not) he actually heard what I was saying........and believed it for once.
I hope everyone has a good day!!!
Old 07-17-2002, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It seems we have our good periods and our bad ones, but the best thing is we survive!!! I try to remember that the difference between a bad day and a good day is about 2 days. And it is also about attitude. When I can't change my circumstance, I try to change my attitude and that helps most of the time. But not always.

These boards are great to just vent if that is what you need, or to share a laugh too. Sometimes at the same time.

We're glad you're here, and we are all just hanging on to each other these days (that presents a pretty funny picture in itself).

Your new strength is really showing, and it will see you through the tough days.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks Anns.....and sorry about the bruses, you know, for hanging on so tight I feel so needy sometimes since all of this happened, and that isn't the usual me. All of us hanging on does give a funny picture, but I am glad I/we have it!
This place is the best thing next to Al-Anon that I could have right now.
I can see changes in myself at times and that scares the **** out of me. I am not sure what I will find when all of these layers are pulled off. I lost that person a long time ago and forgot what she is like. I am trying to let that one go and leave it to my HP. Being able to talk to my x-A and not loose it when I know the quacking is in full "Quack" is showing me I can do it. Those what if's and could of been's start creeping in and it's hard sometimes to let them go.
I don't mean to ramble on, it's just one of those nights when the dark is to dark and my mind is going a mile a minute. I guess that means it's time to try to get some sleep Which I plan on trying to do.
Take care (((Anns)))
I think I will add this to my signature......she looks so serene (spelling?) and so darn cute!!!
Old 07-17-2002, 07:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

I can't get it onmy signature......any hints I need to do it?
I'm going to bed before I get any more tired!!!
Old 07-17-2002, 08:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

You put it between [IMG] , and [/IMG]

Hugs Chandra !

Old 07-18-2002, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you MG......I also forgot the..... http://
Didn't sleep well, I am surprised I seen that.