Notices

Welcome 2hot2handle

Old 12-30-2004, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation I know

I have been a heroin addict now for 7 years I actually just got out of detox 6 days ago I thought that the methadone program was gonna fix me but it is just a bandaid so i had to to detox i have been out for almost a week and Im still dope sick. its the worst sometimes i feel like why cant i be normal I dont want this disease anymore im sick and tired so if you need to talk email me or respond this is my first time on this site so i dont know how it works. 2hot2handle
Old 12-30-2004, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

I moved your post over here to get a proper welcome! We're glad your here.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2hot2handle
I thought that the methadone program was gonna fix me but it is just a bandaid so i had to to detox
2hot,welcome to SoberRecovery.This is a great place with lots of support.I found the only thing that could fix me was the 12 steps of NA/AA.Have you been to any meetings yet?
Old 12-30-2004, 02:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Hi 2hot Welcome to SR. You need to hit the meetings, as many as you can. They are a caring group of people and one of the best tools I have!
Old 12-30-2004, 02:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SoberRecovery 2hot. This is a great place to start. There is a good group of people here who love and support each other. We share our experience. strength and hope with each other. You can get through this. I don't know from personal experience what you are going through, but I do know a few people who have gotten through being dope sick, one day at a time. I have to agree with getting to some meetings. They have truly helped me through some of the roughest times. Keep coming here and read around. And once again, welcome to our community.

Sherry
Old 12-31-2004, 03:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome I have been clean for 13 days. I am a alcoholic. I drank alot so it was tough to quit. I have good days and bad days but like everyone else has said you have to take it one day at a time. I don't look into the future because it scares me to think I will never have a drink again. I read all the post and get what I can out of it. Then I go to meetings. I started just going to two a week but I have to go to more than that. You can do it but it will not be easy. Keep comeing back.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Hot,
Time does make it easier hang on in there. Glad you found us here.

indigo
Old 12-31-2004, 08:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
knucklehead

2hot I have found holding on to every sober moment very tighlty has been a great help. Good luck you are not alone.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome

To SR.I hope you will stick around and keep posting.I know too well what you mean when you say you are sick and tired.Its not easy to ride out the physical stuff.In the begining alls I could do was move a muscle change a thought,remembering the thing I thought would help me feel beter ( more drugs) was not the answer for me anymore,it would only be a short time fix and make for long term hell.Drink lots of water and keep posting.I spent alot of time here in the begining of my recovery,this site has been a god send to me and my recovery.We have all been where you are.Dont quit a day at atime you will get better.I am pulling for you! Bless,Trish