I think I'm learning to say no and mean it!

Old 07-15-2002, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

I think I'm learning to say no and mean it!

Hi everyone. I have been out of comission because my monitor went out last week. I have a new one and I'm ready to go again!!!
The A called yesterday. He wanted to know if he had any mail. When I said yes. He wanted to come and get it and a few other things. I said ok to the mail but no to the other stuff. He got mad!!! I told him 3 weeks ago when he was here, he said he would get it all out that weekend, to make a list of what he wanted and call me before he came. He was not going to have free roam of the garage( everything is out of the house). If I agreed to what he wanted, I would have it outside for him to get. He said ok after some arguing on his part and me not giving in. Well he never called until yesterday. I told him that he has had 3 weeks and as far as I am concerned, he had abandoned what is left. What I have I will keep. It's only garage things anyway, nothing personal. I told him if I found anymore personal items I would call him and make arangements to get them to him. At this point he is steaming!!! He wants HIS cell phone....nope he bought it for me, I'm keeping it! After a few minutes of him trying to convence me to do what HE wants.....he said ok, I will get my mail and my floor jack and leave you alone. I said You're not bothering me, I won't let it bother me. That made him quiet for a minute!!! When he figured out I wasn't giving in, he said fine, I'll just come with the cops. I said ok. He hung up on me!!!I haven't seen him or the cops yet. Of course I gave you the short version but you get the picture, he didn't manipulate me and he didn't like it.:redfinger
I feel good that I stood firm on what I told him, but I didn't want it to be this way. Once again I tried to do it the nice way and it didn't work. Gee......go figure

Last edited by onway2sanity; 07-15-2002 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you Chandra!

Hugs!
Smoke
Old 07-15-2002, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

That's good Chandra,

The cops can't get involved in a civil matter so he probably won't bring them. The police can't make you give him anything. They may try, but they can't.

I would suggest that he forward his mail too.

Hugs,

MG

Old 07-15-2002, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Those are giant leaps Chandra - way to go!!!!

I don't know an addict alive who would make a point of introducing themselves to any police. The two just don't seem to mix socially, if you know what I mean.

You are looking after yourself and doing a great job.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks for your replys. I knew he wouldn't bring the cops. He knew I would bring up the way he got physical with me. He doesn't want that, I happen to know he has done it with his x wife and she called the police, he is on record for it. And she took him back??? Oh well......it's on her not me
If he gets froggy he might try to take me to court....but I doubt it. If he does, i'll deal with it when it comes. I am not going to worrie about it now.
Have a great day!!!