Notices

Is it possible to find a temp sponsor here?

Old 12-27-2004, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Is it possible to find a temp sponsor here?

I need to find a new sponsor but there are none locally. Is it possible to find one here>
Old 12-27-2004, 12:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

not sure

Rondab,
when you say there are none locally, do you mean that there are literally none or there are none you want as your sponsor? I don't know if you can get a sponsor from this site, you may want to ask other AA/NA members in your area and/or a site adminstrator on this website. Let me know how it goes.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

rondab,I am kinda wondering what you are looking for too.I am pretty sure there are plenty of AA/NA meetings in Western,Missouri.So,my next question is,are you even going to meetings?There are no short cuts in recovery.Face to face meetings are important.SoberRecovery is a great place,but its only an extra for me.I attend meetings daily,sometimes more than one a day.Heres a couple links for youAA meetings Missouri NA meetings
Old 12-27-2004, 05:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Though we don't have a specific area or forum for online sponsors, if you do a search on the internet you will find some sites that offer this service.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Apologies

I apologize for not being more specific. There are no nar anon meetings in the area at all. Although I have tried the nearest available al anon meeting often noone even shows up for the meeting at the scheduled time. I would love to start a nar anon meeting but need to get myself back on track first. There is also only one coda meeting in the area and it is quite a ways away. For the moment this is the only option I have. There are many aa and na meetings in the area but that is not what I need. Since I moved back here my recovery has suffered because of not having the support I need. We all know how important that is. This is the only real support I have at the moment.