Notices

hello...my name is Samantha

Old 12-26-2004, 01:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello...my name is Samantha

hello, i just happened to stumble across this site and decided that i'd see what it was all about. i'm 21 and a recovering meth addict and alcoholic. i've been clean for almost 4 months and there are some weird things that are happening. first off, i checked myself into detox in aug and then decided to go to 30 day treatment and then i moved from kck to colorado to a sober living home. i just got kicked out of the sober living home for fraternizing with a guy that was also in the program. now i'm so far away from home and staying with a woman i met in AA and i think i'm handling it fine...i know i need to take it one day at a time and pray pray pray, but i still feel like i'm under a lot of pressure and i need to hurry and do everything now...anyway, the program director that kicked me out is not liscensed at all, which he's lying about to everyone and i'm not sure what to do about it all...this is a pretty small town and if i turn him in he'll make my life hell, he's already suing me for some rent money i owe him and i told him i'd pay him back when i get paid at the end of the month...anyway he was calling my job and he's just not professional, i ran a check to see if he's liscensed, he is not, and it's just a bad situation with this guy, any advice at all would really help me out
Old 12-26-2004, 01:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi SamanthaK,

Im a recovering addict named Aaron,

You've stumbled into a wonderful support community! Welcome, i am glad that you are here!

I will keep you in my prayers.

Remember that there is a spiritual solution to theese problems - maybe tolerence in this case? I beleive that he will leave you alone after you have paid that rent -
In the meantime - peace of mind and serenity comes from acceptance of the situation for what it is - sometning that will pass. You are in control over how much this will affect you - Put your faith into the steps, and your higher power - Dont dwell on the dissappointment and resentment. Your serenity comes from the program, not the people -

You do not have to use over this -

A
Old 12-26-2004, 02:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Samantha,welcome to SoberRecovery.I dont have any advice about your situation sorry.I would just keep working a program and stay clean.You have no control over this guys actions.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Keep your chin up

Hi samantha,
First off prayer is a powerful tool,and I 'm glad that you have reconized a higher power in your life.We can't control how people act towards us but we can control how we act towards them.Just hang on and don't quit.Remember you never,never have to use again.