Notices

I'm an alcoholic that needs an alcoholic this evening

Old 12-25-2004, 11:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm an alcoholic that needs an alcoholic this evening

Have relapsed and would appreciate some guidance.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sean,welcome to SoberRecovery.My name is Michael,and I am a recovering addict/alcoholic.You have allready logged off,but I hope you come back.Sorry I missed you.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Sean,

I Also Wish U'd Have Stayed And Kept Pm To Me. I Said, I Don't Mind Staying Up. Listen, Don't Beat Yourself Up About It. A Lot Of People Have Slips. Sometimes, It's What We Need To Decide Once In For All No More .

Keep Coming Back

Chris
Old 12-26-2004, 01:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm back....I've sent you a PM CaptainZing2000....my main fear and discomfort is the detox which I've got to do tomorrow. As soon as that is behind me, the bigger challenge lies in front of me...
Old 12-26-2004, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you had some sober time...not much, just long enough to have detoxed already, a slip of one or two days should not put you back to where you have to detox again.

Hang in there...and keep coming back.

BubbaBob
Old 12-26-2004, 06:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
knucklehead

How you doing Sean?
Old 12-26-2004, 06:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sean,glad to see you came back again.Keep coming back here and keep us posted how things are coming along for you.Have you tried AA yet? It saved my a$$.I cant do this alone and dont have to.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
chances

Thank God that it is not about how often I've fallen, but about how often i've gotten back up. With this disease though it is truly a miracle that any of us walk in the door at all. The last time (hopefully) that I walked in and needed detox I was truly beaten into a state of teachableness whereby my mind was open enough to b willing to follow someone else directions.Wish this one for you, this Christmas, my brutha. Godspeed.........Deb.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Sean,

Recovery groups really work for me, so that I can not only get sober but stay sober.

Hope you get a lot of support here. We're all in this together!
:xmasf :xmase
Old 12-26-2004, 06:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chances
The last time (hopefully) that I walked in and needed detox I was truly beaten into a state of teachableness whereby my mind was open enough to b willing to follow someone else directions.
I was the worst sponser I ever had when I sponserd myself.For me its all about surrender,humility and humbling myself to listen to others who seem do be doing something right.My best thinking brought me to my bottom and my knees.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Sean, welcome to Sober Recovery.

I agree with deb, it's about getting back up again.

There are different types of recovery groups out there but AA worked for me. I tried doing it on my own and it didn't work. Even if I wasn't drinking I still had all the problems and behaviors as if I were. Give it a chance.

I also made some major changes in my diet and exercised, took vitamins.

And I came to Sober Recovery alot. And I mean alot.

Hang in there, my friend. One day at a time or one minute at a time.

Richard
Old 12-26-2004, 10:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
new life

Sean, hello and welcome!
How hard one beat ones self up on a relapse, has a bearing on the recovery!
As above, up Up UP!
Good luck God bless.
mikee
Old 12-26-2004, 12:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind responses...I have sobered up, went to the proper place early this morning and got the proper meds to take me over the hump in the next three days of a full physical detox. With this aspect, I feel fine and am glad to have it behind me...now, comes the real job (for me), and that is taking this one day at a time, and hopefully going through the 12 steps (again), and trying to discover where I'm going wrong. All of my relapses--I've had 3 since I began AA, have occurred during the holidays..so I do have that much narrowed down. And definitely not attending meetings puts me on the first steps of a path that inevitably leads to a relapse. Whether it be 6 months, 9 months, or a whole year of sobriety, I always end up with a relapse. Thanks again. While reading this board over the last few days and joining last night, I knew where I would find true inner peace...and that's with my fellow AA'ers..no matter where they are located. God Bless...
Old 12-26-2004, 12:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((((((((Sean)))))))))))
Old 12-26-2004, 03:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((((Sean))))

Welcome to SoberRecovery. This place, along with aa and my sponsor, have taught me a new way of life. Hang on to the hope. You must know that it gets better if you've been sober before. Take it one day at a time.

Sherry
Old 12-26-2004, 09:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sean,
Welcome to SR. I have 2 weeks sober from alcohol. I dont have the answers. But as far as repeating the 12 steps, I have to say,My brother has over twenty years clean and as far as I know he has remained faithful to staying with the program and meetings. Last night he encouraged me to get to a meeting ( which i haven't done yet) get a sponser ( ditto ) and quit listening to that thing attached to my shoulders because look where its gotten me so far.
Also as far as working the steps he has done that repeatedly( i was surprised) but as life goes on you have to admit we will have new sh-t to deal with and work on.
I hope his advice to me helps you as well. And hugs to all who come back to support people like you and me. Someone will say just the thing that turns on the lightbulb.
(ding).
Hugs and support, Cindy
Old 12-26-2004, 10:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks, again, to you all...tonight, I'm just a little depressed and don't feel very well...it's simply because I'm on the first day of the home detox. I'm sure I'll be much better tomorrow and even better on Tuesday. It's at this time the saying, "You reap what you sow," truly applies. I'm going to bed and hopefully will get some decent rest. Thanks again and I'll see you soon.
Sean
Old 12-26-2004, 10:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Sean, and a big, warm welcome to you.

The steps are simple, but not always easy. You know what you need to do and are doing it. That's what is important today. Give yourself a pat on the back for getting back so soon. Some take months or years to come back and many don't make it back at all. We are the lucky ones, Sean. The ones with an hour or a day of sobriety (because there is never more than that). It's a one day at a time way of living.

I'm glad you are here.

jojo