Small wonder and HP

Old 12-23-2004, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Small wonder and HP

This is not a huge miracle story, but worth noting to me. The other night my AH went out with his family for their "men's Xmas dinner". I woke up at 3:00 and he was still not in bed next to me (he does not do that - the not coming home thing)... my heart started beating, my head started spinning, I was rapidly getting out of control with anxiety...I got out of bed and then I saw him passed out on the couch. I was furious...I went downstairs, woke him up, and said "at the very least you could have told me when you got home, so I wouldn't worry!"... I marched right up to bed - more furious than I was before. You all know the deal!!
So, I prayed!!! I prayed for serenity, I prayed for peace...and I swear it was like something washed over me, and I turned over and fell sound asleep. Woke up feeling great... I'd swear that was my HP carrying me.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Peaches -

I too have had that experience a few times in my life. It is like a miracle. Glad that you found that peace.

Hugs, Jo
Old 12-23-2004, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know it sounds a little cooky, but it was weird. Normally, I would have been up all the rest of the night, planning what I was going to say, what I was going to do...all that jazz. But, I just fell asleep in peace.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Peaches,
I've found that the more I ask for the more my HP gives when it comes to serenity. I've prayed for the compulsive thoughts to be taken away as I lie in bed at night thinking about what I said, what I didn't say, what I WOULD say if they said this or that....ohhh my I've asked quite a few times. And you are right it is amazing when the thoughts wash away.

As I was writing my response I realized that I can look at these times of relief as little moments of gratitude. For all that I have learned to do differently. I know that when I am grateful it is harder for me to be angry or frustrated. Note to self, find more things to be grateful for.

Petunia
Old 12-23-2004, 09:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good point Petunia!! Maybe that's what I'll do when something like that happens again - I'll try and remember what I am grateful for, which is certainly not a small list! I think we may be on to something with this focusing on the good things. And reaching out to our HP!!