Any advice...

Old 12-22-2004, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any advice...

I am joining my husband at this therapy appointment tomorrow. I know he is more nervous about this than I am, although he did invite me. I just want to be sure, that I am being as supportive as I can be....without falling into the codepence behavior...AND I am totally curious to meet his therapist.

Any advice about really BAD things to say in this situation?

He did go to an AA meeting tonight, and when I asked how it went (is that codie behavior??? If so, I just could not HELP but ask), he said that he would reserve judgement until he attended a few more.

Another CALM day at our house. I could get used to this.

Jenny
Old 12-22-2004, 08:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

No advice, just be the "cool" Jenny that you truly are. I am so glad to hear you have been having some CALM days! That is awesome and I will pray it continues. Good luck tomorrow!
Old 12-22-2004, 10:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Diddo--just be yourself and let things go as they will. I know I would probable try to
take control of the meeting but I think you are going to be just fine. When my AH
goes to counseling I always ask how it went but I try not to push for an answer.
If he comments good if he ignores me I try to let it be.--Love and Smiles--Dee
Old 12-24-2004, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

JennyK, how did things go yesterday?
Old 12-24-2004, 09:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If I have something hard to say, or something I think might be upsetting, you know the kind of things you're not sure if they'll be taken the right way? I take D's hand first, we hold hands lots anyway but it helps me give a loud signal that I'm just human and I love him.

If he ever got help, if I was ever going and worried what to say, I think I'd do the same.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well, at the time I think it went very well. His therapist is very very good. I felt better that he had a plan with the therapist and seemed very comitted to following up with this plan. I thought at the time, that my husband realized how very serious the consequences were if he started to drink again. (I am unsure of that now).

I am glad I went.

Jenny