Hello All...help

Old 12-21-2004, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello All...help

:8a: Hello all...I'm new to this site..My mom is a alcolic.For the past 3 days she has been drunk and every 5 mins or so going a getting more to drink, and out of 2 of those days she has been missing work ....what will happen is she does not think she hs a problem when really she does...she does not drink every night..but she has a glass or to..some times she can control it but some not. And everytime she is drunk her and my dad fight...not like abuse but verbal....and me and my sister are scard. I just dont know how much more I can take....She used to go to meetings but she stoped..I talked to my dad about going to the ala-teen ones. He said he would take me...I love my mom to death but some times..it hurts me to see her always drunk.
She is a good mom not drunk but when she is it is scary..So anyways and replys would help and to let me know that there are people that can comvert me and maby understand what im going through....Thanks
Old 12-21-2004, 05:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hiya Princess,
I understand the scary thing.
My Mom used to scare me silly when she was drunk.
It's hard to see someone you love when they are a mess and out of control.
I hope you get to go to some Alateen meetings.
I did, and they helped me more than I can tell you.
Just knowing that you aren't the only one going through all this is a comfort.
And you aren't the only one going through it.
There are a lot of people here who understand what you're going through as well.
Stick around.
Hugs,
Gabe
Old 12-21-2004, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi there princess,
I can really understand what you're going thorough as my Mom too, used to drink a lot. And the alcohol would make her act differently, very scary.
Please try to get to some Al-Anon meetings. They can help a lot.
Also know that I'm sure that your Mom really loves you but is in the grips of a terrible problem that has nothing to do with you. This is a disease that can happen to anyone,
Moms too. What is important is that you and your sister get some help to understand
your Mom's illness and also learn how to protect yourselves
Good luck.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Hi Princess, I think it's great that your Dad will take you to Alateen. I hope you can go soon.

It is scary. It's normal to be scared. Sometimes it really helps just to talk to people who understand.

Just know that you are not alone.

There are a whole lot of people on this board and at the Alateen meeting that are here for you.

Hugs to you, your sister and mom and dad.

Ms. B
Old 12-22-2004, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

princess - glad you have found this site. i am an adult but my mom drank when i was growing up and yes it's scary. try to go to alateen - i didn't have those options and now i am married to an alcoholic - if you get help now you will probably help yourself as you grow older not to repeat the pattern of this disease.

hugs to you and your sister - cwohio
Old 12-22-2004, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Princess...what a wise girl you are to have seeked this site and to consider going to Alateen. I am so sorry for your situation - please no that it is absolutely not your fault (I'm sure you know this) - but I pray you really KNOW this...it has nothing to do with you, other than you were born to someone who is sick with a disease - a selfish disease - but, a disease. I can understand being scared...my Dad was a narcissistic, selfish, abusive beast at times - I remember huddling with my sisters just praying it would end. There is hope, sweetie. It's great that your Dad sounds like someone you can talk to - do you tell him you are scared? Have you ever told him what you would like to happen, ie, him leave your mother, or anything to that affect? I would just be very open and honest with your father - his job is to protect you. My mom didn't do her job of protecting me - but, i was no where near as wise as you to understand that I was not alone and I lived in shame and secrecy. We're all here for you sweetie...you sound like a true Princess, just like your name says!
Old 12-22-2004, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your postes....I just opened up to one of my friends today ...and it helped alot...im going to try to make it to ala-teen meeting....