My Mother My Strength

Old 07-11-2002, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Lightbulb My Mother My Strength

This past weekend ,my mother was here( she lives over five hours from me) and my "A" could have not been worse. My Mother never knew till this weekend that he drank or that we had a REAL problem here. My Mom and I have not really been that close over the years and she is very ill. By the grace of God she is still alive. She still has a ton of spunk and not afraid to speak her mind which she did do too! : ) Anyway, today I was seeing my counselor and I had a real eye opening experience with him. I realized it was my Mom's support over the past week that finally made me decide to make some constructive moves in my life. Just about all of my family is gone is gone, dad, grandparents no cousins and my sisters live far away. But having my Mom here to stand up fopr me and validate my feelings, see my A in full action made me feel sane again. I have a whole new sense of strength.
I am not sure why this has taken place...but I have to say I feel good about it!
I have that appointment on Tuesday with the atty. and I feel stronger than ever about my life and what I want to do.
Love Kitty
Old 07-11-2002, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Kitty

Your mother sounds like a very special lady (who has a special daughter).

Through our recovery, as we progress slowly, little "epiphanies" or "enlightenments" happen and when they do, we think "Why did it take me so long to see that?". It is because we learn the lessons slowly and each piece we learn happens in its own time.

It's like reading a book. We can read the synopsis on the cover and think "oh this is for me", but we read the book one word, one page and one chapter at a time. For a while the plot thickens, and then it all starts to make sense and we wonder why we didn't figure it out earlier in the book. It is because we didn't have the information or experience earlier.

You sound like your "book of life" is unfolding well, and things are starting to make sense now to you.

Keep us posted. I love happy endings.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Kitty, what a beautiful post about your mom. I'm sure she is so proud of you for moving forward. take care,
marie
Old 07-12-2002, 04:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Kitty,

Even your Avatar looked calmer.

I could tell by your post that you have had a break through. Doesn't it feel wonderful?? The clarity is like seeing the world through new eyes. In this case maybe seeing things through your mother's eyes was just what you needed.

Have a great day!