Obessive MIL

Old 12-20-2004, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gracey

Obessive MIL

I was in a perfectly fine mood today..........and I started thinking too much about the things that pis**ed me off this weekend about my H.....

I have decided to not think about him........

So, I am going to share what a wonderful weekend I had with my family up north. We had a birthday party for my youngest daughter, and I was able to see my brother at the nursing home and the rest of my family.

My brother is physically doing better.........mentally we just cant tell where he is at..........sometimes he is right on and other times.............who knows where.....I love spending time with him........I brought my golden retriever to the nursing home and he was able to play with him..........comit barked and my brother yelled at him to sit down........(to me that was huge) my dog was acting up and my brother appropriately knew that and attempted to straighten him out........I pushed him up to the piano and he tried to play a couple of key strokes.........he told me he loved me........I was just thrilled to see him awake and out of the hospital.......

My sister is having a hard time of it.........so I gave her $100.00 to help with gifts for her children......It was such a good feeling to help someone.....I know its is not much.........but it was what I could afford.........and every little bit will help......

My son ended up staying with my sister till Thursday......which helped me tremondously since my kids are off of school this week and I have to work........one less to worry about.....and he is having a blast........and hopefully staying out of trouble............wheeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww.......

We took the kids and some of my youngest daughters friends to chuck E cheese on sunday to celebrate her birthday with friends.........we were getting ready to leave (had are coats on) and my MIL & SIL show up, they knew it started at 12:00...........my H told them the night before........MIL asked if she could take my youngest daughter with her to spend time with her......I said I am sorry but we have plans to go Christmas shopping for my H tonight and go see Santa........I could tell they were very upset, but I did nothing to them. It was there choice to show up three hours late to the party........His sister walked right by me didnt say hi.......his mom the same thing.......the only time they spoke to me is when they asked me to take her with them...........since they ignored me........I decided that I dont want to be around them at all........so I took the focus off of them and visited with my one friend that was still there.....

My H went over there to drop off his sister's computer, because he finished working on it..........and they gave him an ear full............and he had to tell his mother that she didnt need to take care of my youngest daughter, Monday, because she was going to a friends.......for the day........she was so upset..........

Old 12-20-2004, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gracey

Well handled!! If you don't play the game, then they have no-one to play with.

I hope you're a bit more settled now - it certainly sounds like you know what you're doing.

Take care

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 12-20-2004, 09:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gracey

Somtimes I am stronger than others..........how I am handling it.........?????????? I feel yucky inside, because i know what they wanted......and I told them no........I feel guilty.......because I put my needs above there needs.........I know I shouldnt, I know what I did was okay........but I cant help to feel a little guilty........I am not use to saying no to others and putting my own needs first.......I think it is going to take time to get use to doing that........

Because that is all I did.......

Old 12-20-2004, 09:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Progress not perfection, Gracey.

And it does get easier. We've all spent a long time getting to be codies, so we aren't going to change overnight.

As long as you are only feeling "a little" guilty. That's progress, isn't it?

You're doing great.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Gracey - Awesome!!! Way to stand up for yourself. You only have to look out for yourself.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Sometimes, when we have to go against our old thoughts and personalities, it makes us feel nasty or guilty. But standing firm in your decisions and actions is a show of strength.

When I read your post, I thought "you go girl". I'm glad that you are taking back your life and that of your children. It gets easier with time.

Blessings, Kathy