Notices

WOW my first real temtation!

Old 12-19-2004, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

Angry WOW my first real temtation!

So i was at this open house party at my bf's parents house. all in all it was ok. until our friends arrived. everyone was drinking have a great time getting drunk! the other people who weren't drinking were my self and my bf. so we all decide to play poker. which was ok for a little while. next thing you know everyone is bickering including my bf about some stupid thing that someone did in our two dollar buy in poker game. big deal right... well that is what i thought. people are throwing chips. omg it was horrible. and one of my bfs friends said gosh i'm glad i'm drinking i dont think i could handle this night any other way. and just as he said that my bfs sister looks at me and says can you hold my wine while i pass out cards.. i dont want it to spill. i looked at her and said i have no desire to hold your wine ask someone else.... had she put that wine in my hand i surely would have drank it. especially since i already wanted too! and i dont even like wine but i wanted to drink. a little while later on i decided i couldn't take anymore so i went all in on one of my hands. lost. thankfully! got up and told everyone i was heading home. i said it was to let the dog out who was all alone all day and night today. my bf looks at me and said god i'm glad we drove seperate. totally mean and rude to me. i couldn't believe it. it was very noticeable i wasnt in a great mood! and then he makes a scarcastic comment. as if i deserved it. i didnt even say goodbye i just left by that point. he didnt come home until 3 am....was late for work.... and i just think how many did you sneak!!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

People,places,and things.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

HPierce,

It's important that you don't hand out in wet places. The temptation will be strong, and with the arguement on top of it, feel blessed that you did not drink. Do you go to meetings at all? I know we have sober poker parties here, and they never get like that. Just a suggestion. Have a good day.

Sherry
Old 12-19-2004, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

You did real good, and it makes me mad she asked you to hold her drink, she was being mean and purposefully egging you on in my opinion. I'm real proud of you!
Old 12-19-2004, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

...next thing you know everyone is bickering including my bf about some stupid thing that someone did in our two dollar buy in poker game. big deal right... well that is what i thought. people are throwing chips. omg it was horrible... ...my bf looks at me and said god i'm glad we drove seperate.
Thanks for the reminder of how essential alcohol is for a quality evening full of fun and good fellowship.

I am glad that you drove seperate too.

One Love, One Heart, Jah Bless
Old 12-19-2004, 01:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HP - well done for resisting.

Findingout - LOL at dry sense of humour (no pun intended)