Notices

Yesterday, today and tomorrow.....

Old 12-17-2004, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yesterday, today and tomorrow.....

Thought I'd share this with everyone.... We read it before our every face to face meeting of AA.
=====================

There are two days in every week we should never worry about, two days that should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One is yesterday, with its mistakes and cares, its aches and pains, its faults and blunders. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.

All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed, nor erase a single word we've said. Yesterday is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow, with its impossible adversaries, its burden, its hopeful promise and unknown performance. Tomorrow is beyond our control.

Tomorrow's sun will rise either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds--but it will rise. And until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is as yet unborn.

This leaves only one day--today! Anyone can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when we add the burdens of yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.

It is not the experience of today that drives people mad. It is the remorse of bitterness for something that happened yesterday, and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.

Make today the best day it can be, and live one day at a time!
Old 12-17-2004, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's good, it goes with one of my favorite sayings,

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That's why they call it the present. Don't waste the gift!
Old 12-17-2004, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Today and Tomorrow. Those two days I dont even have the energy for now. Living in the moment takes all of my gas. Half the time just livin the moment, I am operating on fumes. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good point kckman..

We can easily just change the word "today" for "this moment".. Like yourself, I too only live in the moment on some days....