encouragement needed

Old 12-13-2004, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
one second at a time

Angry encouragement needed

its been too long since I made it to a meeting, and im feeling it man.
i feel to irritated and so frustrated and drained. I cant think straight and im thinking of dumb things....I just emailed my sponser but I dont want to call her cause i dont want to be a whiner.
its tough with xmas coming up, being around family so much and seeing all the garbage.... I feel like I want to be comforted and im married but instead of looking to my hubby for that comfort..i seem to desire it from other guy friends. Not in a sexual way but more in an emotional way. I find myself tending to be emotionally attached to them....its so annoying...I just try not to spend time alone with them at all...and i keep honest with my husband about it...but i dont really know why i think that way...ITS SO ANNOYING.

All of my thoughts are weird right now....i just need to talk to another member.....im tired...i quit my job, i have another one, but I quit this one on bad terms and I feel really harsh about it.....

owell write if you want
Angela
Old 12-13-2004, 08:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Angela- I was emotionally deprived. I felt like I had no adult conversation with my AH. I was very envious of any couple I saw that seemed happy.

I realized though that if I'm ever going to be happy either emotionally or whatever it may be, I had a lot of me I needed to work on. I still have a long way to go.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
one second at a time

i am married

I am married, and i dont look at other couples and wish I has what they have...i have a great relationship with my hubby...its just that right now for some reason when i feel sad i want to go to this other friend we have...im not sure why...I think its because he is a more emotional person and I connect with him that way where as my husband can be a really closed book at times...but i am sure ill get through it but I really need to get to a meeting soon.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Maybe you should get to a meeting. Looking for support from the opposite sex, whether you think it is sexual or not, is manipulative and innappropriate. If your husband were doing that, wouldn't it bother you? Is it healthy for your relationship? Finding emotional support in appropriate ways is part of recovery. I strongly suggest that you work your program and go to a meeting where there is appropriate emotional support. Hugs, Magic
Old 12-14-2004, 10:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
one second at a time

im not doing that

im not going to other people for support its just that for a couple of days i felt like doing it...but i didnt, nor would i.
I dont think i am being manipulative at all, I didnt really like that choice of words. It more that a need isnt being met in my life and I need to figure out what that need is.
Im fine though today, i got through the rough spot and im good.
keep on keeping on
ANg
Old 12-14-2004, 11:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I totally understand what you are going through. We have needs, some are to be loved and comforted by someone who can be emotionally available for you. Being with married to an alcoholic is very lonely. Never be ashamed of recognizing what you need. What you do with that is your business. What is healthy for us? We have lived unhealthy for so long who really knows. I think when we find peace the answers will come readily. Take Care
Old 12-14-2004, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
one second at a time

im not married to an alchoholic, in facy mu hubby doesnt drink at all.
he is just very introverted and shy...but since we've gotten married he has gotten alot better at opening up.
Im an adult child of an alchoholic and a grandchild and friend and neice.
Luckily the lord has blessed me with a hubby who isnt affected by booze.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The needs you are seeking must be fulfilled from within. A meeting would be a good idea. In seeking what you need outside of yourself, is not healthy, and getting those emotional needs fulfilled from other people is only a temporary fix. Use your abilities to figure out what you can do for you to make yourself feel better.

Blessings,
MysticCat
Old 12-14-2004, 11:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry I made that assumption. Hopefully some of what I wrote is helpful to you or someone else. I think it is important for people not to have their feelings judged. They are our feelings.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
one second at a time

thanks for all of your encouregments I know that those needs are only filled from God, adn thats why i stop myself from going other places...I know I need to weed it out and wait on the Lord...
im doing that and im doing well today....one day at a time...
Old 12-14-2004, 12:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Take a good look at yourself - you'll find your answers.

We are here only to help you when you ask for it. I hope we were able to. Take what you want and leave the rest.

Good luck.