Has anyone moved to another city to get away

Old 07-09-2002, 10:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kippy

Has anyone moved to another city to get away

Hi, I'm new here. I am wondering if anyone has moved to another city to get away from their situation? I am a 37 yr. old female, married with two children 3 and 5. My dad died 13 yrs. ago from liver cancer due to his alcoholism. My mom is also an alcoholic and I am at my wits end. I confronted her 5 years ago when my son was born. No good came of it and I was able to let go a little (realize it was her problem and there is nothing I can do about it). However, the effect her drinking has on my family is taking its toll (ruined Christmases, birthdays, vacations) and my children are starting to notice things. I do not want this to negatively impact my children's lives like it has mine. Sunday was the last straw and I have suggested to my husband that we relocate to a new city to get away from this. I love my mom but I do not want this to affect my family any longer. Has anyone else moved away and did it help?

Old 07-09-2002, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Welcome Kippy!!

If your Hubby is in agreement I don't see why not...at least you wouldn't have her around as much as now.

Just be aware...the pot at the end of the rainbow is a myth..
Old 07-09-2002, 01:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I've moved away several times and each time it worked. I'm running out of cities though.

I have finally got my life situated so I don't have to move anymore. Yipee!

I distanced myself from my parents for 10 years and it helped me a lot. I still saw them every couple of months and it worked better that way.

Hugs,

MG