Notices

Enough Is Enough!!!!!

Old 12-11-2004, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Enough Is Enough!!!!!

I have finally had enough. I am tired of being tired, sick, lazy and a huge dissapointment to myself as well as the ones who love me. I want my life back where I am able to control it anytime of the day.

I have read alot of your stories and it was a big slap in my face. Who was I kidding? Myself thats who.

I realize now I have severe childhood issues and Monday morning I am calling a counselor to help me deal with my past. I am starting my sobrity TODAY.

I just had to say it to someone so that I know I will follow thru, If I dont say it I wont do it. Thanks for listening. Any ideas on how to deal with the next couple of days?

Debby
Old 12-11-2004, 01:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well Debby, that sounds good. You and you alone are the one who needs to make the decision to stay sober. You can do it, one day at a time. Hang in there. Counseling has helped me alot, so has AA. Take advantage of the help that's out there, and keep posting. You can pm me if you need to talk.

Sherry
Old 12-11-2004, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Debby,

I'm glad you made the decision to stop drinking. I hope you'll keep visiting SR because you'll get lots of support and understanding around here.

Love, Anna
Old 12-11-2004, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Debby:
A few friends of mine remind me often to remember to breath. Then the funny buggers ask me to remember who controls my breath while I am sleeping...........
3Legs
Old 12-11-2004, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Congratulations on your decision. Thanks for posting. You have courage.

You didn't specify what your addiction is, or if you have one. Please post again.

AA is on duty 24/7. You don't have to get to Monday alone. Look in the phone book, white and yellow pages, for Alcoholics Anonymous. Call. Tell them what you're trying to do. AA members, some of whom have been where you are, will help you get through the weekend. And the rest of your life too!

How about going to church?