I need to just breath...that is about it today...

Old 12-09-2004, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need to just breath...that is about it today...

In and out. I can handle that.

We are going on a family trip this weekend that has been planned for a very long time. The children are excited. My husband is excited. I am having trouble breathing.

We have no right to be going away with our dire financial straights.

And it is too late to change our plans.

I want to just forget about everything for the time we are gone and just enjoy my family.

Then I feel guilty in thinking that we are entitled to that amount of fun at this point.

That is such sick and twisted thinking that it makes me forget to breath.

I forget about everything for moments at a time, then when I remember it takes my breath away. I am feeilng guilty if it is not on my mind....feeling like if I am not thinking about it and my husband is in such extreme denial about it, then it will consume us. At the same time it IS consuming me.

Breathing...I can do that. And maybe I will laugh a bit while we are gone.

Jenny
Old 12-09-2004, 05:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jenny

Throw caution to the wind and just have a wonderful time. Ten years from now, you will remember the great weekend but you won't remember what it cost. Sometimes money just doesn't matter.

Dare to have fun, you're worth it.

Hugs
Ann
Old 12-09-2004, 06:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Ann, money isn't everything, think of all the happy memories you will be making this weekend....enjoy yourself.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't worry Jenny! Have fun and worry about all that later. You deserve to enjoy life.

Anyway, didn't you hear that I am the official worrier for the entire world? :tongue3: I got you covered this weekend! Go have fun!
Old 12-09-2004, 07:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Remembering to Breathe

Jenny:

Go have fun and remember to have lots of fun

The bills will still be here when you get back. Family time is more important than money

September
Old 12-09-2004, 07:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

correction! I am the official worrier and obsessor for the world... lol... You should go have fun, however, there is nothing wrong with being fiscially responsible and thinking about what you are spending. If you are prone to be conservative, go ahead and allow yourself to be concerned (not worried) about finances, but focus on the reality you are currently living.. ie, go on the trip, but pack some snacks, drinks and other things that you might otherwise purchase. You can enjoy the trip and still feel like you are not spending too much money. When we were little and mom and dad took us on trips, they'd pack bologna and bread and pop and chips and we'd have picnics we kids thought it was cool. At the same time, mom and dad saved lots of money on feeding us while on trips.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Ask yourself if you deserve a break. Chances are the answer is yes. The finances will wait. Breathe, in and out, in and out and have faith. These things have a way of resolving themselves.

Enjoy!!!!

Kathy
Old 12-09-2004, 08:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you...

I NEED this weekend, as I feel that when we get back things are going to get very bad.

I WILL enjoy myself. My children are so young and so full of life and wonder.

I will experience this time through their eyes.

I will see magic and wonder and laughter and light.

Thank you...Enjoying myself on this trip WILL not HURT more. I can see that now.

And yes..I have packed my own snacks. I, too, remember that as a child. I loved the "surprises" in the cooler. I did buy some M&Ms...

I will be MIA for a few days, but you all will continue to be in my prayers.

Jenny