Notices

My journey

Old 12-09-2004, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Red face My journey

Today I feel at peace with myself and my new life. A miracle happened inside of me today and it is so powerful and amazing that words cannot even explain it. I am watching my own transformation and I am proud of the steps I am taking. God is guiding me in all aspects of this journey and I have all of you to turn to for support and I am so grateful.

Dixie
Old 12-09-2004, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing, Dixie. I hope that I have a similar miracle of my own.

All the best to you,
val
Old 12-09-2004, 01:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

Dixie,

That's God. Keep on keeping on, the miracle is unfolding....

Love,
Jen
Old 12-09-2004, 03:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks for the encouragement Jen.

Val, hang in there. You'll find the miracles in life sooner than you even think.

A sober life offers us so much for than a life with a fogged mind. I've had my rough moments but I have overcome them and I know that I can make it through even just one step at a time.

Love,
Dixie
Old 12-09-2004, 03:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dixie,

I'm glad you're feeling so good and doing so well. It is an incredible journey we're on!

Anna
Old 12-09-2004, 03:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

:xmasu
Old 12-09-2004, 03:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Day 9
So grateful for SR and all the wonderful friends I have on here. It is so great that anytime I feel alone I can stop by here and have loads of support. All of you are such a big, important part of my journey and I could never thank you enough for what you have given me and hopefully maybe a passed something on to all of you. How blessed I am to have discovered SR and it came at just the right time. Blessings and light to all of my friends here.

Love,
Dixie
Old 12-09-2004, 03:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Peace! Thanks for spreading the joy we sometimes overlook is there.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Miracles do happen and many more are in the making everyday.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

Tonight I am writing a letter to my good friend and asking him for forgiveness for the times that I hurt him during my using days. I poured my heart into this letter and will give it to him tomorrow at work. Please pray that he will read it with an open heart and mind and will forgive me for the times that I wasn't myself. I love him with all of my heart and I'm glad that he always stuck by me even through the bad times.

Love,
Dixie
Old 12-09-2004, 04:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ama

Little Miracles Everywhere with Wings!

Originally Posted by dixielove
Day 9
So grateful for SR and all the wonderful friends I have on here. It is so great that anytime I feel alone I can stop by here and have loads of support. All of you are such a big, important part of my journey and I could never thank you enough for what you have given me and hopefully maybe a passed something on to all of you. How blessed I am to have discovered SR and it came at just the right time. Blessings and light to all of my friends here.

Love,
Dixie
(((Dixie))) I am so happy for you - we are pretty much at the same stage to though I am ever so slightly your elder as I am a whole one day ahead eekkkkk. And yes how wonderful the support is here at SR - picking us up when we need it most - so many good people - good caring friends.....We are indeed all blessed......Luvs and continued recovery Ama
Old 12-09-2004, 04:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

Red face

Ama, you have such a beautiful soul. Your words are so uplifting and you truly care about others and it shows through your posts. You have helped me many times with the words in your posts. Sending an angel to wrap her arms around you during each moment of your life.

Love,
Dixie
Old 12-10-2004, 05:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
knucklehead

dixie, It is good to read your post. Every new day we get to discover how to live sober. That is a gift we get to open a moment at a time.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Dixie, I am very very proud of you and excited as well. I have been following you the past week and what a difference. You are so much stronger today than a week ago. Would you make a new post about your inspirations and how you did it? New people use those tools, and I would love to hear about it too.

I kept what you wrote to me and I was doing so much better as well. Thank you.
Debby
P.S. CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU DID IT!!! YEAH!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!
Old 12-10-2004, 10:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ama

Originally Posted by dixielove
Ama, you have such a beautiful soul. Your words are so uplifting and you truly care about others and it shows through your posts. You have helped me many times with the words in your posts. Sending an angel to wrap her arms around you during each moment of your life.

Love,
Dixie
((((Dear Darling Dixie)))) That was sooo lovely of you to say and just when I needed a wee lift too. Isnt it wonderful how easy it is to give and sooo rewarding. Thankyou soooo much.......We can see this as we gain more sobriety. I was going to write back - "No I am not" - but I have been reading the Big Book today and it asks me to accept myself and love myself (very foreign territory indeed) so I will just say that it takes one to know one !!!!! We are all beautiful souls waiting to shine or on the way there already.

Bet you we will be amazingly wonderful when we reveal our true selves over time and through sobriety and recovery. That is a very comforting thought indeed and in keeping with the 12 Promises and Rewards too!

We are a great bunch of lovely people fighting addiction through a quest for knowledge on how to do so and by helping each other and being there! That is an enormous conselation when the days are tough as some will be!

Let the angels embrace us all and carrying us through this journey of discovery and towards light! Luvs Ama