I don't know what to do

Old 07-07-2002, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

I don't know what to do

I have to make a decision about my new job offer but i don't know what the best thing for me to do is. I have such a hard time making desisions.

It's a couple of thousands of dollars less than what I'm currently making but the benifits are alot better. The hours are from 7:30 am - 5:30pm M-TH and 7:30am to 12:00pm on F which I like getting off at 12:00 on Fridays.

I'm really bored and burned out at my current job plus I'm not sure of the security. I love most of all my co-workers and will miss them greatly. I just feel as though the management wants me out. It's just a gut feeling that I have. Maybe it's just me being paranoid but I really don't think so.

I'm leaning towards the new job because my happiness is more important than a couple of thousands of dollars. This new job will be challenging for me and that's what I need right now. My current job is basically the same thing day after day after day. Not only that but where I am now there is no room for advancement unless someone dies. My new job offer has alot of growth potential.

I guess by me typing and reading my own post I've made a decision. Wow - that wasn't so bad!!!!! It's always the fear of the unknown that gets to me. That's what keeps me from making decisions and feeling good about them.

Thanks for listening! I respect each and everyone one of you here and would love to hear some of your opinions.

Love,
Galnva
Old 07-07-2002, 08:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Galnva

See, you are really moving forward. I noticed the answer to your question was already in your own post...but the important thing is ..so did you.

Go for this new job, lady, and give it your best. They will be lucky to be getting someone like you and it is so perfect for what you need. The money will work itself out in the longrun..don't even worry about it. What is important is your happiness.

Go for it!!!!
Old 07-07-2002, 08:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Galnva,

I am so excited for you! Listen to your gut...that is not being paranoid..that voice is often your HP trying to get your attention.

I personally have made 3 job changes in the last several years and I have now got my dream job. We spend more time at work than with our families so that environment is very important.

Good luck to you!
Old 07-07-2002, 10:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Galnva,

I'm wishing you the best with your new job. I hate change and often hesitate because it's comfortable where I am. I'm going to start working weekends too. 7 days a week for awhile. I thought, I could sit here and worry about retirement or get busy and work hard while I still can. So life for me will be working for awhile.

Hugs,

MG

Old 07-09-2002, 08:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

******{Gal}}}}}

Good luck with the new job!!

Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 07-10-2002, 07:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi!
Since you have already made your decision maybe you could ask for more money at this new job. Before you accept maybe there is a possibility that they will match what you are making where you are. Its worth a try!
Old 07-11-2002, 06:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi,

I did ask for more money and they gave it to me and I will be up to what I'm making now within the year. I accepted the new job. I'm really looking forward to the challenge.

Thanks everyone!!

Love,
Galnva