Today....

Old 03-19-2021, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ke**i

Today....

I am spending time with my hearts...my grandkids. My emotions are all over the place!
i am so happy to see them and filled with my love for them..
i feel sad to know the grandpa they think so highly of is at a point in his life where they are not as important as a bottle or a fantasy relationship with someone else.
I feel relieved to be with someone (daughter-in-law) who truly knows how extreme AH drinking had become.
I am angry to hear more details of this whole crappy situation, that AH wanted to separate on Valentines day, while our daughter was with us, but didn't.
I am hurt to think my daughter may be on his side (she drinks too), and may be telling me lies too and AH shows no remorse.... NONE!! When I called to tell him I know more, he blamed our DIL for filling my head and getting to me.

this is way harder than I thought.
Old 03-19-2021, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tired1 View Post
this is way harder than I thought.
Yes, it was way harder than I thought too. But I turned out to be stronger, smarter, more resilient and wiser than I thought. I think you'll find the same about yourself.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other, do what must be done, and make sure to keep feeding your soul, the source of all your strength. The answers DO come, just not necessarily in a form that we like or at the time that we want.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes it was way harder than I thought too and took much longer that I thought it would. Support came from places I never expected and lots if opportunities appeared seemingly out of the blue.
I had a very difficult journey with my kids but am thankfully through to the other side of that
The world has to rearrange itself around you. The ripples reach further than you think. Keep going and trust in your higher power. The only way out is through.
Old 03-19-2021, 02:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Tired.......I echo everything that was just said! Pay attention to your own boundaries---they will protect you as you begin to heal. You are on the right road, and, boundaries will be your friend.