Sheep in Wolf's clothing

Old 12-06-2004, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sheep in Wolf's clothing

Hi All,

My AH has been in rehab for 2 weeks. He's doing fabulous. As for me, I'm a bundle of nerves. You see, he's a physician who's patients have totally gone nuts since he's been gone. "Who"s going to call in or write my RX?"!!!!!!!!!

One In particular wants her stuff and is going crazy!!! She claims to be family/friend (Auntie). NOT SO. I see her real motive here.

I'm so afraid she will malipulate him into perscribing her narcotics via mail.
She has to have a RX pad. She's been in our house numerous times unannounced (I don't lock my door) and I'm sure she has rummaged through looking for drugs...etc.

So what I'm trying to say is... I think she might mail him blank RX's for him to fill out for her stuff.

I told him that on the phone and he said that he is stronger than that.
She is the DEVIL (shhep in wolf's clothing) and I don't think he can resist such temptations!

Please tell me how I should react to her. What do I tell his staff? I'm losing my mind!

I thank all of you for any help you have and can give.

Sandy
Old 12-06-2004, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

You don't say if you work with your AH or not. Has your H asked you to explain anything to his staff? I can't understand why you are involved in what he will do about his patients....

I know my AH does not want me explaining anything about his addiction to anyone. If he wants me to tell someone something he will ask me to otherwise he wants me to let him handle his life himself....

Besides it is hard enough for us to keep our own side of the street clean without worrying about cleaning theirs. I personally think he will respect you more if you leave his business to him....
Old 12-06-2004, 06:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

I agree with Splenda doesn't he have staff to deal with his practice and isn't there a on call or back up Dr. for prescriptions? You should be concentrating on yourself and
let him work his program without distractions. Smiles--Dee
Old 12-06-2004, 07:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

If you're that concerned, get in touch with the rehab center and talk with his counsellor and explain what's going on.

There's definitely a communication breakdown here with your husband and his office staff. Or, are you his staff? This woman sounds a little nuts and your husband doesn't need any more stressors at the present. Neither do you. You've got to work your program while he's getting straightened out.

Start locking your doors. I always felt comfortable not locking them and I've got a doctors' office next door. We're the only 2 houses on this road. Just the idea of him having controlled substances in his office and us being next door has changed my mind about security.

Take care and call his counsellor.

Kathy