Notices

Day 11. Anyone else

Old 11-20-2020, 11:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11. Anyone else

Hi all.

Just checking in on day 11. Anyone else here got around this amount of sober time? How are you finding it?

For me the intense cravings have lessened, the first week was brutal and I very nearly relapsed a few times but I'm feeling much stronger now. I do know that this is not a smooth curve though and I am trying to anticipate and prepare for tough times.

I make little video journals sometimes and looking back at videos I made a few weeks ago reminds me of just how miserable I am when I drink, talking of hopeless, anger and sadness. That first drink really isn't worth the hell that it brings.

Feeling pretty good all in all.

Old 11-20-2020, 11:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 11 days pureself
D
Old 11-20-2020, 11:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think that’s a great ideal to make those videos. A lot of people with long term and solid sobriety do some kind of journaling every day. Congrats on the decision to make a great change. Loki it forward to hearing more from you.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

Congrats! Day 14 here.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm on day 16. Pulled myself out of a 8 year long death spiral of daily drinking that I never thought I'd survive. I was checking the mirror in the morning to see if I was jaundiced. I have some trouble with insomnia at times but I'm going pretty strong.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Congrats on 11 days. I’m glad you’re feeling stronger about cravings. Stay vigilant though. Those pesky cravings can pop up anytime.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 11. I am day 14. Some great advice I received here, make a plan. I make a daily plan of activities and stick to it. Not hard stuff, but things I enjoy and always wanted to tackle but was otherwise too drunk and lazy. I know if I get bored, that's dangerous for me. Also, someone here told me to go back and read my original post on SR if I get an urge and remember how horrible I felt when I drafted it. I have reread that post many times and I don't ever want to feel that way again.

Have a great day.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pureself View Post
Hi all.

Just checking in on day 11. Anyone else here got around this amount of sober time? How are you finding it?

For me the intense cravings have lessened, the first week was brutal and I very nearly relapsed a few times but I'm feeling much stronger now. I do know that this is not a smooth curve though and I am trying to anticipate and prepare for tough times.

I make little video journals sometimes and looking back at videos I made a few weeks ago reminds me of just how miserable I am when I drink, talking of hopeless, anger and sadness. That first drink really isn't worth the hell that it brings.

Feeling pretty good all in all.
Yep around 10 days here.
My sleep is much improved, and my body seems to be thanking me.
Ive been on a bit of a rollercoaster this year. Although Ive drank for only half of the months so far this year, with 4 months continuous, the times I have drunk I have really gone for it. Like constant 10 day binges with obscene amounts, like Ive been trying to make up for lost time.
So Im trying to remind myself that its so easy to end up ruining everything with one drink. Its never just one drink.