Notices

Alrighty then, here we go again

Old 11-19-2020, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alrighty then, here we go again

Well, i can't keep doing the same over and over again. I'm giving myself today. To binge watch netflix, cry, and yes, have a couple cocktails. I talked to my doc and she's giving me a non addictive sleeping/anxiety aid to help with week one, but since i just did this a month ago, i think I've got this. (Week one) I like myself sober and I'm a miserable drunk. So 2marrow is my another day 1.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
nez

I wish you luck and success on your day one.

My own experience was that I never had any real luck with a tomorrow day one, nor was one last couple of drinks...ever the last. And god knows I tried both numerous, numerous, did I say numerous, times. I am not saying it can't be done, It just wasn't my experience and my experience is all I know.

I have been sober now for 17 years and it started with a "now, this is it, here we go" start time.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
Well, i can't keep doing the same over and over again. I'm giving myself today. To binge watch netflix, cry, and yes, have a couple cocktails. I talked to my doc and she's giving me a non addictive sleeping/anxiety aid to help with week one, but since i just did this a month ago, i think I've got this. (Week one) I like myself sober and I'm a miserable drunk. So 2marrow is my another day 1.
Trazadone helps me with sleep. Insomnia is extremely common after a bender.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nez View Post
I wish you luck and success on your day one.

My own experience was that I never had any real luck with a tomorrow day one, nor was one last couple of drinks...ever the last. And god knows I tried both numerous, numerous, did I say numerous, times. I am not saying it can't be done, It just wasn't my experience and my experience is all I know.

I have been sober now for 17 years and it started with a "now, this is it, here we go" start time.
17 years, that's amazing. And I'm completely in my "now" moment. My health is failing, my marriage is failing, basically things are ****. I actually don't want to drink. I just need to get thru the first week.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

17 years, that's amazing. And I'm completely in my "now" moment. My health is failing, my marriage is failing, basically things are ****. I actually don't want to drink. I just need to get thru the first week.
By some miracle I made it 8 months at one point. The first week was never the problem for me, but when I started feeling good again... It was on.
Old 11-19-2020, 05:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuckLuck View Post
By some miracle I made it 8 months at one point. The first week was never the problem for me, but when I started feeling good again... It was on.
are you still drinking now? Curious, no judgment.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
nez

17 years, that's amazing.
It amazes me. Seems like yesterday i was struggling and it seems like a whole nother life ago at the same time.

When I was drinking, 17 years was way beyond my wildest imagination. I never would have believed it was possible. I was amazed by people with 24 hours of sobriety. I struggled to make it to 15 minutes. My journey started with 15 minute increments and attempting to do them back to back.

When I post about 17 years, it is not to brag, but to give people hope and let then know that is indeed possible to live a life free from the clutches of alcohol. Not only is it possible, but it is worth every 15 minute interval and inch I crawled through!

Old 11-19-2020, 06:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

are you still drinking now? Curious, no judgment.
No, not like I did a few nights ago. I looked like I got out of a UFC fight the last time I drank and I didn't even fight. I did drink this evening. This is it. I filed BK today and I saw no g-damn reason not to.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope both you guys and anyone else reading can make a Day One as soon as possible.

There's no such thing as a little bit of self destruction - any alcohol for people like us just keeps the madness alive and keep the pain raw.

Healing starts when we put the bottle down.

D
Old 11-20-2020, 12:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuckLuck View Post
Trazadone helps me with sleep. Insomnia is extremely common after a bender.
I took trazadone for a while. The dreams and the fatigue in the morning put me off. I now take half a lunesta per night. It leaves a very bitter taste, but leaves me less tired.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good luck, I just hit day seven myself.Now the tough part comes after all the misery from drinking has subsided.......
Old 11-20-2020, 05:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Alright. I will not drink today. Day 1. I feel like crap. Water doesn't even want to stay inside my body. I wish i didn't have responsibilities, cause i just want to crawl in a ball and hide. Owell. Life must move on. I feel very alone and depressed today. I know it is the alcohol. Last week i was hopeful and motivated. Like people say, it is a poison. Time to do this. One foot at a time.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Alright. I will not drink today. Day 1. I feel like crap. Water doesn't even want to stay inside my body. I wish i didn't have responsibilities, cause i just want to crawl in a ball and hide. Owell. Life must move on. I feel very alone and depressed today. I know it is the alcohol. Last week i was hopeful and motivated. Like people say, it is a poison. Time to do this. One foot at a time.
The emotional roller coaster that lasted for days after I drank was ONE reason to give up the bottle. Not only did the hangover cause me an immense amount of physical pain but the mental and emotional aspect was way too much. Depression. Anxiety. Paranoia. All of that **** that just swirled around non stop and wouldn't level off. Talk about ******* groundhogs day. It was a nightmare. I don't feel that way now and I am GRATEFUL! It took me a week or more to settle into my sane self (if that even exists?)

You are doing something amazing for yourself by getting off the crazy train! Keep pushing through. Stay close. Keep posting.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks mizz p. Ya, sometimes i feel like I'm losing my mind. And i feel very alone in this which is so stupid considering my husband is rowing the same boat. He still is in denial, wants to be a "social drinker". Hasn't figured it out that is not an option. I need to get some water in me and get my son in the shower, get ready for the online school that is now our life.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good for you! Not drinking is the answer. It took me a while to feel like myself, but I am so much stronger now than I was back then. Best of luck!
Old 11-20-2020, 10:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're staying sober today even though you don't feel great. I felt like I was losing my mind in the first few days, too, but you know that it will get better. And, you are definitely not alone.