It's time to refocus.

Old 12-05-2004, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's time to refocus.

I don't know what happened with me lately, but today I realized that I have not been focusing on the postives in my life. I have been stressed about a lot of things and maybe this was what led me to go back down the negative path. However, I think we all need to focus on the positives!!!

So for today....my positive is that I cleaned and hopefully fixed the bathroom vent all by myself! AH and I fought over the cause of the recurring mildew problem in our bathroom for about 2 years. Time will tell if this was the initial problem! However, even if it wasn't - the point is I fixed it all by myself.

Next........................your turn.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bleach will take care of that mildew problem. 3 parts water and 1 part bleach.
You can put it in a spray bottle and spray away that mildew.
Good for you, you can do it by yourself.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We've gotten rid of the mildew by bleaching. Used the kilz paint when we re-painted, etc. Eventually, the mildrew returns. In my opinion, I feel it's obvious we have a ventilation problem - hence, why I think it has to do with the exhaust fan/vent. We've checked the attic and no problem there so what else could it be? Regardless......

I'd like to have you all post something positive! I posted about the exhaust fan/vent because it's something that I did all by myself. Something I could have done or should have done long ago, but didn't. This is one of those "independent" things that just makes me feel good. And it's a positive.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Survivor

I have been focusing on the positive to.

1. I have done an awesome job in school this semester.

2. I am in love.

3. I have learned to let go and let God.

4. I have a wonderful future ahead of me.

5. I have wonderful people by my side.

6. I no longer have to deal with my family everyday.

7. I have a better relationship with my sister.

8. I can dream about a wonderful future.

9. I quite my job and am moving on quite nicely.

10. God is with me at all times.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OMG, how ironic!!!!!!!

My daughter just brought me a paper she wrote at school! She had forgotten to give it to me on Thanksgiving.
It says:

Dear Mom,
I would like to thank you for everything, since of course, Thanksgiving is coming up! Here are a few things I would like to thank you for. Thank you for putting a roof over my head and for feeding the family. I know it's hard with only you doing it. I thank you for everything!!!
Love, (daugher's name)

Definately a positive!!!!! We sometimes give kids way too little credit for how observant they are, their feelings, etc.

Okay, I'm going to bed with a smile on my face now. See you all tomorrow!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I so needed to read this. I am failing the last few weeks and falling into my "negative space". There is so much out there that will drown me if I try to take it all in.

Today, I went to church and focuses on the music and the candles and my sweet child sitting in my lap.

This afternoon we made cookies and ate them dunked in milk.

Tonight we read Christmas books and sat near the Christmas tree with all the house lights off.

The big picture of my life is too much, and these small snap shots are keeping me sane.

Jenny
Old 12-05-2004, 11:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Since we are doing positive I just have to tell someone my son is taking me to New York for 6 days. We are going to see rockefeller center and all kinds of sights. He
has a friend who works for an airline and he arranged our tickets. Can you imagine New York City at Christmas. It will be our Christmas present and it will be wonderful.
Wow sure felt good to tell someone who will be happy for us of course my
AH is very negative but I'm not letting him ruin this. This is the best--Smiles--Dee
Old 12-06-2004, 12:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Survivor

Nevermind the AH have fun with your son. How very exciting. I love the city, I will be there around Christmas time too. I am so happy for us...
Old 12-06-2004, 05:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Barn Goddess

My positive is that I've cut down on smoking by over one half in a the past week and I'm committed to continuing this path until I can put them down completely. I recognize the changes in my body as a result of this, both good (breathing easier) and "bad" (withdrawl headaches), and I'm thankful for both.

For my next feat, I'm going to start doing my yoga again - at least four times a week - and get back into shape!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 11:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i thought about this very thing saturday evening! i had a very down week during thanksgiving and am finally feeling more positive. of course i have many positives - great job and coworkers, house is free & clear, no debt other than car (very small), many wonderful friends and new friends and acquaintences from al-anon, SR website........more and more.

now this seems like a small thing but i finally took my curtains and sheers (white of course)down from the french doors in the kitchen and washed them. i do this several times a year, but they were really getting dingy after blowing in the breezes all summer. it's amazing what a small thing like that can do - nobody else may notice but it made me feel good.

now if i can just get the rest of my house clean (sigh) - i know - 1 task at a time!
Old 12-06-2004, 12:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

We attended my niece's (it's so awesome to say that) Christmas pagent last night and it gave me a wonderful feeling to be connected to people. How simple it is once its done...

Next?
Old 12-06-2004, 12:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ok, positive things.....first would be my three children, they will always be top of the list. And second, my teaching group where I have some place that I feel respected and needed.

Blessings,
MysticCat
Old 12-06-2004, 01:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Today's positives for the day so far....

A friend followed me to the garage and brought me back to work.
Another friend brought me home when the garage failed to get my vehicle in and get it fixed.
Both volunteered, I didn't have to ask!

May sound small, but it could have been easy to just get upset with the garage, etc and stress out. Instead, I chose to see the positives in the situation - my friends!
Old 12-06-2004, 02:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

my son andthe hope that I have that he will one day be in recovery
my supportive husband
my great classroom of kids
the great church service we had yesterday, I'm still feeling the afterglow!this site and the people who post here
Old 12-06-2004, 08:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Today I gave myself a pedicure. I have a small foot tub and enjoyed swishing the water with my toes. I painted my toenails a bright colored red. Every time I look down, I feel wonderful.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Come on ya all, there has got to be some positives in your lives! Share them with us - we all know that when we're down and depressed, we sometimes need to see that others in our situations like our own can give us inspiration and maybe even let us see the blessings that we can't seem to see surrounded with the mud. (My goodness, that was a huge run-on sentence!!!!!!!! lol)

Positive for the day............

I saw a friend today. The first words out of their mouth was "Come to me" with their arms wide open. I got a wonderful hug!!!!!!!
Also had a productive day at work and am trying to be productive at home. Hoping to get some work done around the house so I can spend my weekend doing nice relaxing things and preparing moreso for Christmas.

Who's next????
Old 12-09-2004, 07:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
jlu
Laugh, Smile, & Be Happy

I folded the socks today! LOL (no really... you should have seen the pile of them!!!)

:hoo
Old 12-09-2004, 07:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

hey, I have a wonderful positive! I had some really great plans for today that started with lunch with a friend out of town at 11:30. I was planning on getting out of town on time, but one thing came up then another, then another and then another and I didn't even get out of town until almost noon, BUT, she waited for me and we had lunch late and I had a nice day. I could have blown a gasket, but I didn't! I dealt with it and enjoyed my day with my friend and also got most of my Christmas shopping done. Yeah me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

My co-worker called today to wish us a happy trip. She told me that she has noticed that I am seemed stressed and reminded me that many many people in this world love me and that I need to remember to love myself. She also advised me not to have "worry lines" in our photos this weekend..as our children will see them. She told me to take a "respite from my life and just live" for a few days.

This is a woman I love and respect. I cried on the phone and felt much better. It makes me realize how little I can actually hide from the people who love me.

I resolve to use my network when I get back and no longer hide. I have been seeking a real life network and after her phone call tonight, I realized that I already have one.

It was a blessing.

Jenny
Old 12-09-2004, 08:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

i got almost all my shopping done today. My 18 year old and I are taking kids to school in the AM, then she offered to help wrap presents, so it will be some quality time with her and that doesn't happen very often, since we both work full-time and she goes to school every evening! Looking forward to tomorrow morning.

My step-mother-in-law called and is taking me out to eat tomorrow. She said it is a surprise and the place has good entertainment???? Looking forward to tomorrow evening.

I met with a therapist today... and WOW! We talked about my anger, resentment, losing my temper this past Fall. She asked what comes out when you squeeze a tube of toothpaste? toothpaste, right? Why? because that's what's in the tube. So when the stress and pressure was squeezing my heart this past fall, what came out was what was in there - anger. So, we need to work on putting good stuff in... working on my relationship with God which will put peace back in my heart, so when I am squeezed, peace will come out! Sounds so simple doesn't it? Looking forward to peace in my heart!

I talked to AH tonight which I have been avoiding. He is still in the hospital. Haven't seen him for 6 1/2 weeks or is it 7? wow, that's good that I am not counting!
Invited him to come over Christmas morning! YIKES! And, he offered to give me some money, i pretty decent amount, since he hasn't had to pay for the hotel while he's been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks! Looking forward to the money! lol Maybe I'll look forward to Christmas morning tomorrow, or the next day. Just kiddin.

I could say more... but wouldn't want to bore ya'll to tears.

Thanks for listening.

Hope all of you are finding some peace in your hearts!