It's been a while, just checking in

Old 11-02-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been a while, just checking in

I wanted to thank y'all. My divorce was finalized around Christmas time last year and I've grown so much since then. He still reaches out, he still threatens me, but I have learned not to live my life in fear of him.

I have a beautiful life now. I bought my first house and am (unexpectedly) buying another due to work promoting me and moving me to the other side of the state. I surprised myself by being financially independent of him, even though he had me convinced I wouldn't be able to survive without him. Everything changed when I made the decision to leave. I gave myself the opportunity to grow and love and learn.

I still struggle sometimes with codependent thoughts, but that will be something I will continue to work on the rest of my life.

But I just wanted to say hi and thank you to all of those who supported me and gave me little doses of reality when I was lost in a world of make believe. You truly made a difference in my life.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi SYH! So glad you posted an update.

Your life sounds great and congratulations on your new homes! That's a great achievement, as well as your promotion at work.

It's funny, I've read here a few times that many didn't realize the financial burden that would actually be lifted by not living with an alcoholic. Of course your progress goes well beyond that even.

I hope you will stick around and keep posting, you have so much experience to share.

Old 11-02-2020, 08:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ah SYH, great to hear from you and even better to hear how well you are doing.

Old 11-03-2020, 06:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, SYH... thank you so much for the update and congratulations on all of your "growth" since last posting! Your positivity is absolutely infectious!