Notices

need advice

Old 10-23-2020, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need advice

What do you do with relatives that only seem to be concerned about your welfare when they need something, but when things get better for them they disappear. My sister used to call me all the time when she needed emotional support or advice, but now that she is in a better place, I never hear from her. I called her several times concerned about how she is doing, especially with COVID, but couldn't get ahold of her. I eventually called the office where she lives to make sure she was doing ok. They notified her about my concerns and she called and left a message to say she was fine but never asked how I am doing. With this virus thing, I was hoping she would show more concern. Am I asking for more than I should? I don't plan on contacting her for a while since she is doing fine and doesn't seem concerned about my welfare. What do you think? Thanks, John
Old 10-23-2020, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry that you’re feeling down John. I have no answers for you, just wanted you to know you are heard and appreciated here.

D
Old 10-23-2020, 03:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi there,

John, I think that making some new friends might be a good idea. Other people's behavior will tell us a lot if we're willing to "SEE" it for what it is.

Back off from your sister.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just hurts a lot. Always been there for her. John
Old 10-23-2020, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I relate. Just because someone is blood doesn't mean they are going to be my friend.

My Mom loves me, I think, but we haven't seen each other in over 5 years or so. It is a long and sad story. I am over reaching out to her. I have a hang up with her religion. She is in a cult in my opinion. But, I guess she is happy. She just thinks everyone that is not in her religion is doomed. She calls it "pearls to swines." Annoying.

Anyway, I just like her stuff on social media and she does the same. At least we have Facebook.

My closest friends are my neighbors and coworkers and we are not that close. Most of my most personal comm is with my wife, son, SR, and my dog.

My dog is the best listener of all.

So, I relate.

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry John. It's too bad that your sister is behaving the way she is. As Dee said, you are part of the family here at SR and I hope that helps a bit.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((John))) I'd just let her go for now. She may not be feeling very much like communicating right now, for whatever reason. I wouldn't let it bother you. I've driven myself nuts in the past trying to figure out why people do as they do. Sometimes I just have to let it go so I don't worry myself too much about things I have no control over.