Notices

day 6

Old 10-22-2020, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 6

today was HARD. i woke up like yeah i got this and then a few hours in the cravings started and i was white knuckling it. what totally saved me was someone had shared aahomegroup.org which has meetings 24hrs a day on zoom and i sat through hours of them today. if you’re struggling and feel like you need extra help i would highly suggest trying out one of those meetings.

i’m about to go to bed and i can say i did it i stayed sober for six days. hoping for seven tomorrow. i’m grateful for all the support i’ve found online because without it i wouldn’t have my day count.

dreading the first weekend sober but trying not to stress and just take it as it comes bc if i worry about it too much i’ll just freak out and sabotage myself. sorry this is rambling but i wanted to share my thoughts in case anyone else could relate lol
Old 10-22-2020, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Erica375

Congratulations on 6 days! Thats always how it is for me, too. I 2ake up determined and then at some point my determination falters. I had to learn that just because I was wavering it did NOT mean I had to give in.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It’s time for us to own the weekend, Bud! I’ll be struggling with ya but we can overcome weekend number one!!
Old 10-22-2020, 08:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

6 Days is AMAZING!
You took yourself to a meeting today and stayed sober.
Do it again tomorrow. One day at a time. Log on here and post. Stay close to what is working.
You got this. Keep on going!
Old 10-23-2020, 02:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree 100% with what Stonecoldcc about those meetings. You dont have to be into AA or have ever been to a meeting to get something back from it, even just knowing that there are 100+ people in that meeting at that moment who have the same or similar story as you do is a good thing.
I was never big into AA but I went because I knew I needed to. I stopped going in March (covid stopped the meetings) and picked up after a few months. I should have been on here too but hindsight and all that.
I am on day 6 too and have spent a lot of time on this 24 hour marathon meeting. I would have struggled more or even failed by now if I had not as I was so sick. I feel better now and stronger each time I put my head on the pillow sober and waken up hangover free and part of that has been down to me going to this online meeting and spending time here on SR. I have not spoken at it and kept my video off. I may speak at some point but if/when I feel ready.
I will do anything right now to remain sober. This helped me and I am glad it is helping others too.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on six days and best of luck with the first weekend.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link. Glad you thought to use it rather than give in to your cravings. Congratulations on six days.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good job! Keep it going!

One advice I can give is it is always good to keep busy during first weekends of sobriety. Try to plan your day out from sun up till you go to sleep. Also, the more activities you have that are related to sobriety, the better. Keep posting on here, we got your back.

You can do it!
Old 10-23-2020, 07:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

erica that’s right! just because i hear that little voice doesn’t mean i have to give into it!
Old 10-23-2020, 07:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

TJ buddy youre totally right we got this!!
Old 10-23-2020, 07:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thank you mizz! already did a couple meetings today and logging on here to everyone’s messages has been like a little shot of adrenaline! thank you for the reminder to stick close to what i know is working!
Old 10-23-2020, 07:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

phil you’re totally right you don’t have to be into AA to get something out of those meetings just being in there is helpful. i’ve learned so much just hearing people sharing their stories and what’s worked for them. i’m so glad you shared the link it literally saved me and i’m glad we’re in there together. no pressure on sharing but if you do some day i hope i get to hear it! congrats on day 6 we got this!
Old 10-23-2020, 07:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thank you freedomfries!
Old 10-23-2020, 07:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

no problem joe! i’m thankful for this site and that someone else shared it as well bc it’s been amazing!
Old 10-23-2020, 08:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well done on 6 days! And on getting the extra support you needed......you are doing this! You can do the weekend
Old 10-23-2020, 08:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

thanks gabe!! i appreciate it!!!