Notices

TexanJohn’s Daily Log

Old 10-19-2020, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

TexanJohn’s Daily Log

Hey Y’all. I am getting sober after decades of alcohol abuse. I’ll add a more descriptive past to this post later but wanted to at least get a time line going...

How I got here: Coming Soon, stay tuned!

10/18/20 Day 1: I woke up drunk today at 7AM. Alone in my bed. Where was my wife? Oh yeah, She’s pissed off again I bet.. Oh that’s right. I passed out Last night while we were watching a movie and managed to wet myself. Damn, I think she cleaned up the mess. Did she just make an excuse telling the kids that we spilled a drink on the recliner?! Sheesh.. We didn’t speak about it until 10:30am. I just hit the ground running to the coffee pot and off to work on chores. She finally cornered me and I just lost it. I’ve been telling myself I’m gonna die from this or lose my family for some time now. So I let it out. How I felt and how much I was really drinking. At least 2 cases a week, most of it on the weekends. I have to stop. All together. Now. I’ve promised her I can slow down or become a social drinker. I can’t. Never have, never will. Day 1 eve was ok, But I’m used to taking a day or two off during the week...

10/19 day 2: Monday. Off to work. Ate my feelings last night so my stomach was tore up from that and nerves I guess. Too bad it was a slow day. Just thought about this sobriety thing all day. But with podcasts and this forum, it’s been helpful. Came home to dinner and usual Monday night. Watching football. Researching what beer drinkers really drink when not drinking beer. Not sure NA beer would be good for me but soda and water are fine for now. I am terrified about the upcoming weekend. I can remember a Friday or a Saturday night without 8+ beers... Ever..
Old 10-19-2020, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Texas John
I moved your thread.

You can post a daily journal type thread in Newcomers forum, no problem.
The Daily Support forum is for those threads that reach a part 2 or more

D
Old 10-19-2020, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry! I’ll add to my original post. Can you delete this thread?? Thanks!
Old 10-19-2020, 07:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can have pretty much as many threads at a time as you like John - just not starting them in that other forum

D
Old 10-19-2020, 07:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You can have pretty much as many threads at a time as you like John - just not starting them in that other forum

D
Thanks! I did copy/paste in my other thread so this can be a delete. I like the other headline better anyway! LOL
Old 10-19-2020, 09:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

We don;t delete threads usually but I can close this one and direct folks to the other
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ing-quits.html (Wish me luck. Stubborn Texan beer chugger calling it quits.)
D