Notices

Half way to 30

Old 10-19-2020, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Half way to 30

Logging day 15 today. Feeling good, but really need to get control of this ravenous appetite. I'm eating everything in sight.

On the positive side:
BP back to normal
No more heartburn or acid reflux issues
Sleep is back to normal
Family no longer on edge, wondering if Jekyll or Hyde is coming out to play (it's usually BAD when Hyde shows up)
Not spending $100+ per week on booze
Much more productive at work
Able to hang out with the kids and stay interested in their activities
Actually enjoy getting outside and being active again

Guess I proved to myself that even after 16 months, it's quite easy to slip back into a 30+ drink daily habit. The worst part is over - only better days ahead.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good work rem.
I think we have have to keep reminding ourselves how easy it is to slip back to our drinking habits. Keep working.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great post, and I'm glad you're feeling positive.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great stuff!! Man, I hear ya. I’m usually the happy drunk but will disappear and go pass out without warning! My family has had it. So have I..

day 2 for me. Really paranoid about the coming weekend!!!
Old 10-19-2020, 01:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TexanJohn View Post
Great stuff!! Man, I hear ya. I’m usually the happy drunk but will disappear and go pass out without warning! My family has had it. So have I..

day 2 for me. Really paranoid about the coming weekend!!!
Weekends can be tough. Keeping myself busy and occupied works well. Doesn't really matter what I'm doing, as long as I'm doing something. Cooking, repainting rooms, reading, gaming, gardening... Even taking the dog out for a long walk helps keep my mind from obsessing. I'm pretty good at reflecting on all the bad that comes with a drink. Most notably, the dozens that follow that first one!!
Old 10-19-2020, 02:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done on your progress REM

D
Old 10-19-2020, 02:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post. Really helpful for someone like me with 9 months sober. Now that you’ve proven moderation is never going to possible you can move on from drinking and thoughts of drinking.

I consumed sooo much sugar in the first 8 months but it did wonders for staving off the AV. I’m at 9 months now and definitely more in control of what I eat...low grade improvement lol. I’m finding the further away I get from alcohol the more stability I have in making changes. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

Old 10-19-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober45 View Post
Thanks for your post. Really helpful for someone like me with 9 months sober. Now that you’ve proven moderation is never going to possible you can move on from drinking and thoughts of drinking.

I consumed sooo much sugar in the first 8 months but it did wonders for staving off the AV. I’m at 9 months now and definitely more in control of what I eat...low grade improvement lol. I’m finding the further away I get from alcohol the more stability I have in making changes. Don’t be too hard on yourself.
It was a conscious decision. l was really comfortable in my zone and decided that moderation was a possibility. It was fairly easy to moderate at first. Two drink limit, once a week... Then two days per week... Then... Eventually (inevitably), the wheels come off the bus, and we all know how that story ends. I'm just glad to be on the other side.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on over two weeks sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I’m glad we’re both on the other side. I look at alcohol like it’s a demon now and I don’t play with the devil.

it’s good to hear that you were feeling good before the relapse. You already know you have a lot to look forward to in sobriety.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

15 seems so far away for me. Glad to see the positives you have experiences!
Old 10-20-2020, 04:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

REM, isn't crazy how quickly your body tries to return to homeostasis? You body will recover, it's up to you and your mind from this point out.