Notices

Day 4 and still going strong

Old 10-15-2020, 12:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 and still going strong

Started exercising again after a long time of neglecting my health. The weekend is almost here and that worries me a bit. Hopefully, I'll find something else to occupy my time instead of a consistent stream of blackouts.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're always here right across the weekend Franklin
We even have a weekender thread for the purpose of support
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2020-a.html (Patience this weekend? - Weekenders 16-18 October 2020)

and a class of October thread for anyone quitting this month.
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-1-a-10.html

Use the support Franklin - as much as you need
D

Old 10-15-2020, 01:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Fraklin,

Congrats on your four days and new exercise regime!

Re. the weekend - don't leave it to chance. Plan as much as you can and take alcohol off the table.

Res
Old 10-15-2020, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Most of us drunks stayed busy busy in the first few weeks of our lifestyle change to be non drinkers forever.

I suffered sometimes just waiting for bedtime. The first thing that bounced back was my stamina. Even though I still have issues, it has gotten better and better. I used my stamina to keep busy.

Working on simple projects, exercise, watching tv, etc. Sober people tinker in their spare time. They fiddle with this and that.

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Make a strong recovery plan and use it. Lots of members here use only SR, many use other methods as well. The support here is awesome. I hope we can help you achieve sobriety like SR helped me.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Franklin, How is it going?
Old 10-15-2020, 11:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on four days. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-15-2020, 11:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Four days is amazing Franklin
As a previous poster said, definitely plan your weekend, identify the more problematic times/triggers and fill them with something different
You can do this
Love Billy x
Old 10-16-2020, 02:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 4 days franklin. You're well on your way to your first full week of sobriety.

Weekends used to be my downfall. I'd long associated them with drinking as I usually drank every weekend without fail. I found that what helped was planning in advance and having a new set of activities lined up. On paper they may not have been as exciting as meeting up with friends and having some drinks but they also didn't lead to me drinking until I was ill and then spending days afterwards living with a hangover, feeling ill, feeling remorseful and being skint (i.e. having no money left).

As Dee posted, we have a Weekenders thread which is great to post in and is also a great way of getting some feedback and ideas on what to do on a weekend. If you can plan out your weekend so you're not left thinking "what do I do next" you might find it a lot easier than you think to get through the weekend. Then when you do, you'll be on day 7 and will then have a full week of sobriety under your belt.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 days! Working on your health is a great. Weekends can be tough. Come here often to get through. Feed yourself well and be kind to yourself.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Franklin. Should be day 5 already eh? Weekends can be intimidating but as Dee pointed out, there are threads devoted to support over the weekend, the monthly class thread, also the gratitude threads. Lots of stuff to read and post to. Staying busy is helpful, keeping up your new exercise routine, make sure to eat well and stay hydrated of course. Check in when you can .