Notices

Being TOO hard on yourself

Old 09-26-2020, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Being TOO hard on yourself

I shared an update yesterday on my 2 months sober. Meeting was really good yesterday and much needed. I was wore out a bit from the work week cause my body is trying to get back use to working in the warehouse and weight lifting again. I did wanna say that one of my issues in the past has been being too hard on myself about my past drinking and starting the journey again. I've had my ups and downs mentally and emotionally about my history (just as a I think about it) with relapses.

I've been doing more praying than I had been in the past and it helps. Being at peace with self is important and knowing that sobriety for the long term can be achieved. My time is short at the moment but each day gives me more hope. I've been very honest with myself about why drinking is just not something I can do.

The results are always the same...things get ruined. No matter how much "fun" I THINK I'm having it always goes into becoming depressed and lost feeling eventually. It's very consistent. But I'm no longer (or at least I'm working harder on) not beating myself up about it so much anymore. There is nothing any of us can do about the past. The present is the thing to make better (even when its tough to do so).

So if you're out there and beating yourself down, or hating yourself or just lost just know that it is possible to overcome and make a change now. Trust me, because for a while there this last time around I really feel like this was it for me. I'm just going to drink and let life pass me by....cause what's the point in trying. I force myself to go to treatment, had to get a new job, I'm walking to work and back at night, walking to the meetings I can make it too and cut off certain people. Its what has to be done, for me. Pick up some new hobbies and interest (things I've been wanting to do more of but it interrupted my drinking at the time) and its all been for the better. Thanks all thanks to God, meetings and you all here.

So hang tough and don't bash yourself. You're worth way more than you may feel you are at the moment if you're hurting.

Take care people.