Notices

Here we go again...

Old 09-21-2020, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go again...

Day 1. I would like to make this my last day 1. I stop drinking, i feel better, I'm motivated, I'm present in my own life. I don't feel the guilt, the shame. I didn't even want to drink, it was there in front of me and i didn't want it, but i still drank it. So, it's day 1.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

No reason why it can't be the last day 1 of your life, Backtogood. You sound fed up - and you list great reasons why it's the enemy. Let's do it.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nez

I stop drinking, i feel better, I'm motivated, I'm present in my own life. I don't feel the guilt, the shame. I didn't even want to drink, it was there in front of me and i didn't want it, but i still drank it.
Use your past to shape your future by remembering this lesson in the present. :~)

It's not here we go again..it's here we go. You can do this!
Old 09-21-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whats your plan backtogood?

D
Old 09-21-2020, 04:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I had too many false starts to remember. But I finally got to the point where I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to drink. I hope you get to that point soon.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Whats your plan backtogood?

D
post on here for accountability, walks/workout video's during what would be peak drinking times, spend time with my son. I actually enjoyed being sober this last round. I felt healthier, my appetite returned and food actually tasted good. I didn't even want to drink, it was just there and it felt normal. I need to re-wire my brain.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Backtogood--you CAN make this your last day one. I had many, many false starts and failed attempts at sobriety until I surrendered any thought of being able to drink in a 'responsible' fashion. I can't, but I certainly tried my best to find any loophole, any wiggle room. SR has been a huge part of my recovery, and I hope you take advantage of the help to be found here and post BEFORE you drink--someone will help talk you out of it. I was as far down as it was possible to go, but chose to live instead of die. Wishing you all the best on your sober journey.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
nez

I need to re-wire my brain.
The good news: It is possible, I did it, you can too!
The bad news: It wasn't easy, doable yes, easy no, takes work!
The good news: It was worth every ounce of energy that I put into it!

Old 09-21-2020, 06:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What helped me strengthen my sobriety was practicing gratitude every day. Every morning when I get up and every night when I go to sleep, I find something(s) to be grateful for. And the nice thing about practicing gratitude is that the more you do it, the more you find to be grateful for.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

my 1st day again as well

I am sick & ashamed of myself, of my lack of self control, my lack of motivation, my lack of self respect. I see the way people look at me when I am drinking, unable to control myself. This is my first day again as well..... I pray daily for sobriety.