2 1/2 months on

Old 09-12-2020, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 1/2 months on

I moved out 2.5 months ago, and ive been separated from ex-AH for 5 months. I won't sugar coat it. Its been hell. My whole identity has changed and I haven't quite got a new one. Ive been treading water. Ive done a lot of reflecting on my part in the demise of the relationship, where i could have stood up for myself more etc etc. Its brutal to look back honestly at some of your own behavior.
BUT...it's also been amazing, freeing, healing, and at times joyful.
The only alcohol i have to deal with is my occasional glass of wine on a weekend with dinner.
Kiddo 1 (15 yrs) is coming out of an overwhelming, oppressive fog, and is much better since he decided to go NC with AF. Im keeping a close eye on kiddo 2.
I'm happily single, I'm putting time into my friends and my relatonships with my family of origin is strengthened with daily support phone calls from my brothers.
A friend gave me a card recently of a boggy section of a beautiful forest trail. She took the photo whilst on a trail run. She knew she had to run through it but really didn't want to. She knew there was more beautiful forest on the other side, and had to keep going.
I think I'm wading out of the bog, and stopping to rest before I keep going along to see what's up ahead. I won't take any side paths im not comfortable going down.
And I know its not sweetness and light on the path ahead, but i think i can handle what is ahead.
I continue to be so grateful for what I have learned on SR.

Old 09-13-2020, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Womb, I'm so impressed by your strength and insight! I see great things ahead for you. Hugs
Old 09-13-2020, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wombaticus View Post
I moved out 2.5 months ago, and ive been separated from ex-AH for 5 months. I won't sugar coat it. Its been hell. My whole identity has changed and I haven't quite got a new one. Ive been treading water. Ive done a lot of reflecting on my part in the demise of the relationship, where i could have stood up for myself more etc etc. Its brutal to look back honestly at some of your own behavior.
BUT...it's also been amazing, freeing, healing, and at times joyful.
The only alcohol i have to deal with is my occasional glass of wine on a weekend with dinner.
Kiddo 1 (15 yrs) is coming out of an overwhelming, oppressive fog, and is much better since he decided to go NC with AF. Im keeping a close eye on kiddo 2.
I'm happily single, I'm putting time into my friends and my relatonships with my family of origin is strengthened with daily support phone calls from my brothers.
A friend gave me a card recently of a boggy section of a beautiful forest trail. She took the photo whilst on a trail run. She knew she had to run through it but really didn't want to. She knew there was more beautiful forest on the other side, and had to keep going.
I think I'm wading out of the bog, and stopping to rest before I keep going along to see what's up ahead. I won't take any side paths im not comfortable going down.
And I know its not sweetness and light on the path ahead, but i think i can handle what is ahead.
I continue to be so grateful for what I have learned on SR.
that image of the forest is an excellent metaphor. I've been where you are now and it really will get better, just keep being strong. and being good to yourself, for you first, of course, and for your kids. they will so admire their strong, happy mother.