Notices

Puzzle's Check In

Old 09-12-2020, 11:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Puzzle's Check In

Today I realized I am 35 days sober. So much has been going on that I thought, Really, is that all? But maybe this is what time feels like when I remember it all. haha. I haven't posted all week but I've been reading posts daily. I have, however, started each day with a walk, meditation and listened to a recovery book on the way to work - all of which has gone from a to do list to something I now love to do. Work is simply chaotic, almost to the point of being surreal. I can't help but feel like a mouse in some kind of mad science experiment. Cravings are not often or strong as of yet but my moments of extreme irritability this past week are a red flag for me. Dealing with feelings and "unpleasant" thoughts without alcohol is new and hard and progress is slow in this department (my instinct is to retreat into myself). Anyway, enough for now. Thanks for reading SR.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 weeks. Starting your day with a walk, meditation and listening to a recovery book is a great idea!
Old 09-12-2020, 05:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your sober time puzzle.
I really believe the more we live sober, the easier it gets

D
Old 09-13-2020, 10:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 35 days puzzle. A walk or run to begin the day is great for helping you get to sleep at the other end of the day, something that can be difficult in early recovery.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keepa go!
Old 09-13-2020, 11:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 35 days - 5 weeks - sober
Old 09-13-2020, 02:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sobriety puzzle. Keep working at it and you be successful!
Old 09-20-2020, 05:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

First week of school done! Over half of our students have chosen online learning so I have been moved to teaching online. Hmm, explaining to seven year olds how to submit an assignment when they can't find the first letter of their name on a keyboard......well let's just say it's an adventure and a test of my patience! Our bandwidth capability is poor so I cannot not play videos or books, and the students keep freezing. Plus, I have to share my room with 3 other teachers. We are a loud, dynamic sort so it is very distracting and impossible at times. However, I am grateful to be getting to know a bunch of children who are simply happy to be connected to a teacher again. My mind is filled with important things other than drinking. 43 days sober today. (I only know that because I looked at an app, I don't count any more). So for the moment things are positive. I am still doing plan of walking, meditation and listening to books on the way to work (currently The Naked Mind - I read that title on here often.) Some days I don't want to do these things because I am busy and happy with "life" but again, I remember that after a few months, when I haven't made sobriety my #1 priority, I become complacent and I fail. I will not fail. I do not drink.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow, you are killing it on the sobriety train! Congrats on 43 days!