Notices

Day 13 no longer living in constant fear

Old 08-23-2020, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 13 no longer living in constant fear

Just stopping by to check in....as I mentioned before its largely due to the free sobriety podcasts on spotify (especially sober curious) and meditation etc and shedding away some things I learned in aa that I found disempowering...with all of my other attemps at sobriety i was soooo afraid everything would trigger me that i would stay home bored with no zest for life and eventually say screw it and drink and do drugs....this time im in the gym,enjoying the pool,still see friends who still drink,live music and my birthday this weekend as well we are hitting the spa instead of the bottle...all that to say its going well and my whole spirit and mind state have changed for the better....of course the work is far from done but I'm not living in fear anymore....as for the down side my chronic pain and eating disorder have heightened tremendously unfortunately...which I expected as I experienced the same last time...but I would still take these problems over being trapped in a drugged out cycle....in this short time ive tripled my earnings,prepping for a huge exam,getting dental work,keep my house clean and tiny and give more attention to my son as well etc etc crazy to realize how bad we function while drunk and high....and how fqst we progress in life while sober....I am greatful and cautiously optimistic😉
Old 08-23-2020, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

keep it going. that is a great start. Your really through the worse of it. Just stick to your deal one urge at a time.
Old 08-23-2020, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you've found things that are useful to you rsanchez- congrats on nearly 2 weeks!
D
Old 08-23-2020, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you

Thanks first the encouragement
Old 08-23-2020, 10:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I second that RSanchez.

It's a much better life for sure.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations, RSanchez! I'm on Day Four, and you're a real inspiration even though you're early in too.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations Rsanchez, keep it up! Is there something you can do about that eating disorder now or do you think you need to wait until you have more sobriety?