Notices

Day 66 and feeling awesome !

Old 08-20-2020, 04:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 66 and feeling awesome !

Just checking in !

GCSE day here in UK and number 2 kid got some good results , where as expected so no complaints - steak house is booked for celebration ! 😄

66 days are doing ok , few miserable thoughts where I could have drank after a tough day at workbut easily shoved to one side ..one episode got my goat this week was someone who’s motorbikes I was admiring in his garage offered me a beer - said was on wagon and was ridiculed a bit ..called me weird !

played on my mind for couple days as was just annoying and more so because I didn’t want beer got offered nothing else !! 🤪

plenty dark days to come I am sure but I’ll take today as feeling great and boy I look a million times better - even I can see it !

enjoy your day everyone from windyengland !
Old 08-20-2020, 04:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post! The trick now is to keep it fresh and never forget what alcohol did to you.

Sounds to me like your neighbor may have been projecting his own fears onto to you. Problem drinkers often don't like it when their problem drinker friends stop. I was like that when a close friend stopped smoking while I still was....I couldn't stand to be around her because she made me face my addiction. Who knows. Main thing is you're killing it on the sobriety train...keep it going!
Old 08-20-2020, 05:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done, and good news on the GCSE results!

Hopefully the “weird” guy was trying to be amusing rather than impolite. I now think it’s weird to drink excessively.

Enjoy the steak tonight! There’ll be a few temptations there I’d imagine, but after 66 days you’ve got the willpower to resist. It’ll be a much nicer evening without booze 👍

Oh and I bet you look better! Someone asked me last week if I’d had plastic surgery 🤪🤪
Old 08-20-2020, 05:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 66 and great news about the GCSE results.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats! I think it's cool you posted this on day 66. There have been some studies done, and I think Annie Grace quotes it in This Naked Mind, that it takes 66 days on average to form a new lifestyle habit.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

[
interesting ! Hopefully I’m on the mend 😄

QUOTE=Noam19;7498023]Congrats! I think it's cool you posted this on day 66. There have been some studies done, and I think Annie Grace quotes it in This Naked Mind, that it takes 66 days on average to form a new lifestyle habit.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-20-2020, 06:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Always good to read good news posts
Old 08-20-2020, 08:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

66 days is great RE - congrats!

D
Old 08-20-2020, 08:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on over two months sober! Pay no attention to the nay-sayers. Don't let them bring you down. You just remember why you're staying sober and hold your head high.
Old 08-20-2020, 11:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ZIP

I'll second Least''s comment...
Along with accepting I that I no longer drink, I also accept that folks occasionally say stupid things.
Congrats on the 66 days!