Notices

27 days sober and bored

Old 08-17-2020, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

27 days sober and bored

Ugh I feel like each day is so long unemployed travel agent due to covid since March . I walk 6miles Dailey clean house but really don't have alot to look forward to . I'm alone till hubby gets home from work he still drinks that doesn't bother me but I don't have anything that seems to get me excited help with any ideas
Old 08-17-2020, 07:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe its time to take up a hobby or an interest? Have you had any in the past?

D
Old 08-17-2020, 11:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

People often complain of bordome soon afer they quit drinking. This difficulty experiencing pleasure is refered to as "anhedonia". It seems to effect people who have a tendency toward depression. Sometimes they drank to gain some measure of relief from the symptoms of the depression by "self medicating". Anhedonia often goes away in time, but if not I would see a mental health professional for an evaluation.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Did you ever have an urge to learn how to crotchet? I remember being bored in sobriety years ago and I used You Tube to teach me how to crochet...I know that we have to fill in the "boredom" gaps in early sobriety or it becomes very easy to slip back into drinking to pass the time.

Coloring also has helped me in the past...they have adult coloring books everywhere around my area....
Painting a room in your house or apartment? I have done this as well...it passes a great deal of time, gives me a sense of newness and pride.
I am going to buy paint today to finish a room I started a year ago.

Just a couple of ideas...It has to be 2ce as hard trying to stay on track when your hubby is drinking....I have to say if I had someone in here drinking all the time it would be a challenge for sure.

I hope you find someway around the boredom.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One idea is to look for a new tv series on Netflix? That's a good time killer if you get hooked on a series. Happened to me with Breaking Bad. Loads of choice there. Plenty to see on Youtube as well. Or search around the internet for new hobbies/other forums of people that share the same interests?
Old 08-18-2020, 10:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Youll need to replace alcohol with something else. Fitness is my go to. Also, when I am bored I look up things on youtube that interest me.