Notices

Day 3

Old 08-08-2020, 09:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Today has been tough...I've been struggling with the guilt again and also the relationship ending.
I know that this will pass and that i have a whole future ahead of me but sometimes its hard to stay in that frame of mind.
I know that before I can start focusing on another relationship I just need to focus on myself and my recovery.
I've been doing a lot of research on nutrition and ive decided to switch to a plant based diet (I know, one thing at a time but i was pretty much vegetarian anyway) Not so much for addiction recovery but more for health and the benefits it can have to mental health also as well as reduced chances of certain illnesses and diseases.
Again, this isn't for short term gain or the hope of it helping my "crutch" I just feel it would be good for getting me to a better place both mentally and physically...
I want to work on myself to make sure that self esteem and self confidence aren't an issue in that way again - Mentally I know that i am a great person but physically I struggle and as much as i know that so many people do and without justified reason sometimes it just gets to me so much.
I know that alcohol is a mock happiness and a mock safety blanket but it helped for so many years and its hard to think of any different.
Im strong though and I finally want to know the real me...Without trauma, without hurt, without anxiety and fear of people not liking me. Its never actually been an issue but it doesn't matter if people don't like me. I just want to be real...Always
Old 08-08-2020, 10:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guilt and shame in early recovery can be tough to deal with, yet we need to not be overwhelmed with those feelings because they will push us back towards drinking again. It's a good plan to work on yourself and get to know yourself before beginning another relationship. And, eating well is definitely a step in the right direction.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Guilt and shame in early recovery can be tough to deal with, yet we need to not be overwhelmed with those feelings because they will push us back towards drinking again. It's a good plan to work on yourself and get to know yourself before beginning another relationship. And, eating well is definitely a step in the right direction.
Its extremely hard to not be overwhelmed but im honestly putting my all into it.
Thank you for your comment 💛
Im going to give myself that time and hold on to myself to see what more I have to offer.
I've spent my whole adult life taking care of everyone else but have neglected myself in the process and that makes me happy/sad all at the same time. I dont want to lose myself again
Old 08-08-2020, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GreenStar26 View Post
Its extremely hard to not be overwhelmed ...
Try not to bite off more than you can chew. Ever hear that one? Well, what they don't say is maybe you won't like what you're chewing and you want to spit it out. Or maybe somedays you can bite off more than other days. It's all a crapshoot. Just roll with it and if anything - try to DO at least one thing a day that makes you happy. Truly, honestly happy

Moving to a plant based idea is super cool! High Five. This is your life here. Do what rocks your world!
Old 08-08-2020, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Greenstar, eating better helped me with a lot including sleep. Stay positive and don't rush anything. Go day by day and work on yourself. Stay close here and we will help you whenever you need it.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How's it going Greenstar?
Old 08-08-2020, 04:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know it's hard not to leap ahead but try and focus on the next right thing for now GreenStar

D
Old 08-08-2020, 06:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi GreenStar. Congrats on your Day 3. These early ones are hard - but your anxiety should ease up soon. You have a wonderful new life to look forward to.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Very good post....you sound ready.....
Old 08-08-2020, 07:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i hear you on wanting to be real, GreenStar.
with everything that comes with that!
i have never regretted it.
good to see you on day three.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats and yeah don’t take on too much at once. Having said that, sounds like you’re almost there already (diet) and it’s something you’re looking forward to. To me that is another reason to keep sobriety going!
Old 08-10-2020, 12:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

How are you, GreenStar?