Notices

Showing grace

Old 08-03-2020, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Showing grace

Over the past few months I've been engaged in a business transaction with someone I considered a friend (mistake 1). As probably should have been expected, things somewhat soured and the person is cheating me out of money because I didn't get it all in writing. I'm pretty good at taking accountability for my behavior and I've looked at this for a while to see where I was wrong. I think I could have communicated a little better, but she is cheating me. Then today she called me a liar, though she couldn't say exactly what I lied about (because I didn't). I am SO PROUD of myself that instead of ripping into her and taking her inventory, and blasting her with all the anger I have for her dishonesty and the fact that she cheated me out of thousands, I just responded, "I'm going to keep my grace and not say what I want. Take care." This is real progress for me. I have so much resentment towards this person and I know where her buttons are and I could push them. But why? Will it change the outcome? Is it better to be happy or to be right? Am I perfect? Should I expect her to be perfect? Have I never made mistakes or taken advantage of people?

I'm still frustrated, but I'm happy I kept my dignity. I will work on letting go of the resentment in the coming days, weeks, months, years, lol. I also won't wish bad on her like my nature tells me to. I'm not quite ready to pray for her though. Maybe in due time.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You did the right thing.
Which is almost never the easiest way.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That shows a lot of growth and progress. Good for you, BABM.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not always easy to take the high road - well done BABM

D
Old 08-03-2020, 09:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done!!! I am a school district administrator, and you can imagine that things are crazy this year due to Covid. My goal is to give everyone grace, we are all dealing with lots right now, so even if I need to address an issue I’m doing it in a way that gives that person grace. It is and always easy, but is really good to do!
Old 08-04-2020, 08:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job BABM! It really doesn't help anything. Someone posted this a while back here. You are feeding the right wolf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzKryaN44ss
Old 08-04-2020, 09:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
Great job BABM! It really doesn't help anything. Someone posted this a while back here. You are feeding the right wolf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzKryaN44ss
Thanks Max, that was great. I shared it with my daughter.