Notices

Day 78 still in a bit of fog

Old 07-31-2020, 09:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 78 still in a bit of fog

Just woken up feeling anxiety and irritated. I'm at he the safest place to be. But still feeling non productive I just want to lay down and not do anything. This has been almost 4 days. I don't have cravings to use just really fustrated by this . I know that using will not make anything better for sure, this moment has brought alot of emotions up. I've been on a good schedule wake up eat breakfast, meditate go to work then go home exercise and read some through out the day. Then care for my children. So I've been focusing alot on self care. This PAWS has made my schedule very difficult, I still do everything accept I needed to take a break from work. I guess the feeling of taking time off of work feels like I'm going through withdrawal and just hiding.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
under new management

Hi stickyone, I experienced a lot of anxiety, irritation, brain fog and more in my early days of sobriety. I didn't have kids to care for and it was still a lot!

I hope this passes soon. In my own experience, I eventually came out the other side and was so grateful to have remained sober even in the toughest of times.

Old 07-31-2020, 01:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I didn't know for decades that each time I quit and started up again, the kindling was escalating.

The permanent brain damage was getting deeper and deeper.

As long as I keep remembering that life does not get any easier and handling it totally stone cold clean is the best and brightest way.

Drinking myself a little tipsy every blue moon would end up leading me to a night or 2 a month where the bottle of fancy whisky disappears. Then all the other horrible things begin again.

So many folks drink too much and live in a world of denial and lies. They put on a fake face and venture out, hurting from drinking, and craving their next buzz.

Booze is poison. SR saved my life.

Suffering and time was the only way out. The addiction is waiting patiently in the shadows for the rest of my life.

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 78 is great.

I think it's good to remember that there will always be days when you don't feel terrific. It's part of life, I believe, and the main thing to know is that it won't last. You will feel better soon. Have patience as you move through recovery.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the support. My wife was able to get me a online appointment with my old doctor who had helped me in the past with PTSD. He was a very great doctor but due to medical coverage I wasn't able to continue. Even though he is on a different network he wanted to see where I am at which was like 6 years since we last spoke. I've accomplished many things which I am proud of. It would be good to speak to him and see where I go from there.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are on a good track. Keep it up. 78 days is great.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you got an appointment stickyone

D
Old 07-31-2020, 07:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow everything went well. It's like we never stopped talking since the last time we spoke 6 years ago. This is something that definitely needs to be added to my recovery. Thank you everyone
Old 07-31-2020, 10:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done you x
Old 08-01-2020, 02:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 79,

The fog is clearing up and I can see the path again. Paws is no joke I'm just so grateful that I didn't use and still have my days clean. I look very much forward to continuing this chapter of my life. And now with the help of a doctor aswell as the wonderful support of everyone here. Im seeing the beautiful things in life.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad things are looking better stickyone

D
Old 08-02-2020, 08:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm glad things are looking better stickyone

D
Thanks for the support everyone.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I think it’s great your wife helped you out. The two of you noticed the funk you were in and took action. What a success story. Great job. Bring home flowers tomorrow
Old 08-02-2020, 09:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The first few months can be a roller coaster ride at times. Just remember that "this too shall pass". It gets better.