Notices

Help?

Old 07-30-2020, 01:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help?

Idk. I’m wasted and i keep tracing the ridge of my broken nose and I keep thinking that I don’t want to die this way. I’m struggling. We’re all dying here and I have a vulnerability hangover that is just fierce. Idk what to do. I’m sorry. I know it’s pathetic and I can’t find my reason. I’m just floundering.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you're still drinking, stop now. Pour out what's left, drink some water, and start again tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well PK, that truly sucks. If I had $1 for every time I've been there, I would have $435,34534,6534,5454356 dollars. You probably won't die today, because your grammar is still impeccable. But eventually you probably will die if you continue to drink. How about either pouring out or finishing what you have and not going to get more? How many days straight have you been drinking? And wait, you're looking for your reason whilst you're drunk? Probably not going to find it in this state dear. But if you want to do one thing, remember this moment. Maybe write down on a piece of paper how you feel at this exact moment. When you sober up you can ask yourself if you want to start here again.

I feel for you. It's horrible. And it is pathetic, but YOU are not pathetic. Big difference.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Prettie - I'm glad you posted, & I'm sorry for the pain you're in.
That's how I felt when I first came to SR - I didn't want to die. That simple reason was good enough. I never looked back. I was so exhausted from all the ups & downs - the lies, the excuses - making a fool of myself. I wanted to be in control of my behavior again & I had to admit that once alcohol was in my system I had no idea where it would lead. It's such a horrible feeling when we lose our dignity. You can start tomorrow to get free and rebuild your sober life.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Well PK, that truly sucks. If I had $1 for every time I've been there, I would have $435,34534,6534,5454356 dollars. You probably won't die today, because your grammar is still impeccable. But eventually you probably will die if you continue to drink. How about either pouring out or finishing what you have and not going to get more? How many days straight have you been drinking? And wait, you're looking for your reason whilst you're drunk? Probably not going to find it in this state dear. But if you want to do one thing, remember this moment. Maybe write down on a piece of paper how you feel at this exact moment. When you sober up you can ask yourself if you want to start here again.

I feel for you. It's horrible. And it is pathetic, but YOU are not pathetic. Big difference.

i have been drinking for days. Varying amounts. I feel a total mess. I know I am avoiding grief and all but I don’t feel like I can stop. I know I can because I have but holy hell not in this moment.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I’m just so tired. My body and my heart hurt.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Idk what else to do when everything hurts.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You begin by dumping out the booze you have left, trying to eat something, and just do the next right thing. I now it all hurts, but you deserve better.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dumped it all out. Eating soup. Sucks.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

PK - Sorry you are suffering. Tomorrow can be better. Virtual hugs.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you did that, Prettiekittie. This will help you to feel better physically and mentally. It's so hard to stop drinking when you're caught up in it, but you know you're doing the right thing.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you dumped it out too PK. Its hard to make decisions about the future under the influence of alcohol.
Noses can be fixed and futures will look brighter in a little bit.

The one sure thing I know is that drinking will keep you in the doldrums.

D
Old 07-30-2020, 04:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Been there many times. We can all relate. It's horrible. I am envious of people who can drink normally.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good for you PK. Dumping your supply takes guts and strength, especially when you have been drinking. Hydrate up and get some rest. Tomorrow do something different. Get out and walk as far as you can. Cut up a watermelon and pop a piece whenever you feel like it. Make your best hangover breakfast. Take some naps and make a plan. Maybe make a few overdo appointments if you can - dentist, doc for a checkup? Shake things up a bit tomorrow PK. It's gonna hurt but you can get through the day.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good job pouring it out. One thing is for sure. Alcohol will not help the way you feel. Case in point, you are drinking while typing and don't feel good DURING. Get some rest and some water and do what you can while you are sobering up to minimize the hangover.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I crashed and now i’m just up and boozeless and wanting to rush off to the store. I won’t because I dumped it but I have the urge. having more soup
Old 07-30-2020, 08:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by prettiekittie View Post
I crashed and now i’m just up and boozeless and wanting to rush off to the store. I won’t because I dumped it but I have the urge. having more soup
That urge can be intense. Can you snack on something? Turn on a favorite show? Sit outdoors and breathe the air?

I’m so sorry you are experiencing this. My God how many times I’ve been there.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I’m in bed doomscrolling. I feel so sick. I didn’t even drink as much as usual and I just feel like bagged ass. Blah.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I just hate this. I can already feel the come down and I feel shaky.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I’m sweaty and gross and I just want to feel free. Tomorrow is my husband’s birthday and I promised my kid I would make a cake with him to celebrate. I’m going to be hungover and my guts are just a mess.