How much......

Old 12-03-2004, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy How much......

is one person supposed to endure before enough is enough? I suppose it depends on the person but I think I have reached that point. My bf hasn't drank in almost a week, until last night he called me from the local pub we used to frequent, asked me to meet him there for a "date"....of course things ran through my head but was just saying to myslef yesterday morning that I was glad he hadn't drank and he seemed OK with it. So I agreed, had the neighbor watch the kids ...went and had a couple beers played a few games and had a good time. got home about 830 put the kids to bed got a call from a friend and was chatting with her when he went off int he background that I can't spend time with him becasueI have to be on the phone BLAH BLAH BLAH....... needless to say I went to bed shortly after, he was watching TV. Next thing I know I hear the front door...and people talking then hear a car..so I look out, it is a car I dont' recognize so I proceed to go down to see what is going on......I look at the clock and it is 3AM!!(I went to bed by 10) so I go downstairs to see is drunkself sitting on the couch like he was there the whole time. I ask who was here....he responds with "what are you talking about?" I ask again and he says nothing...then claims that it was just a friend that gave him a ride! my next question is WHY WHY WHY did you have to go back to the bar?? he has no response then says "dont' worry about it!"

The biggest thing that angers me is he lost his job in June due to missing work from staying out all night...he started his current position last week and called in the 1st day because he drank too much the night before....this morning I woke him frmo the couch to ask if he was going ...he said yes, I got in the shower got out got ready adn he was still snoring on the couch...I made him move to the bed before I woke the kids so they didn't see him passed out naked on the couch.......I am sure he will not be employed AGAIN now .....

When I left I told him he could use the day to pack his things..(not sure if it even registered because I believe he was still highly intoxicated)....I am so fed up with his actions and don't believe all the "alonon" in the world can change my feelings to feel sorry for him......he is a grown man and certainly doesn't act like one.

I HATE this time of the year.....and this is really the last thing I want for my kids now ..but can I really make it through another month ??? I don't know

any insight or feedback would be nice..
sorry so long winded...but had to get it out so I can focus on my workday!
thanks for listening
Old 12-03-2004, 06:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

It depends on how much you want to take. If you're wrapped up in the disease, you'll keep taking it without thought for yourself or your kids. The insanity of the disease.

Things won't get any better unless he seeks help. Until then, the disease will progressively worsen.

Sit back and take a good look at the whole picture. Ask yourself, "is this what I want for the rest of my life". Because this is it.

Hugs, Kathy
Old 12-03-2004, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Shel))) - I'm very new here (only my 3rd post) but I've lived with my AH for 20 years, married for 15. I've felt what you are feeling now many times before & actually have reached my breaking point once again in the last few days. So I feel your pain! You already know that only you can decide when enough is enough. Trust me, if I was in a position to leave I would have packed my kids up & gone a long time ago. Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury. Hang in there! This is a tough time of year but I'm determined that I will decide what kind of holiday it will be, with or without AH's participation.

Hugs!
Christine