Symptoms of Marijuana Addiction

Old 07-20-2020, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Symptoms of Marijuana Addiction

Hi!

I am currently dating someone who is an alcoholic and I believe addicted to Marijuana. He smokes it from sun up to sundown. He has to smoke it before he eats and before he sleeps. He often will wake up in the middle of the night and smoke. Are these all signs of Marijuana addiction?
Old 07-20-2020, 11:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well I would say so, I mean anything can be addictive and since he can't seem to function on any level without it - that sure sounds like an addiction!
Old 07-20-2020, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Leochic

It certainly doesn’t sound normal. I was addicted to both pot and booze and sounds an awful lot like I used to be. How long have you been with this guy?

D
Old 07-23-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
any

Originally Posted by Leochic06 View Post
Hi!

I am currently dating someone who is an alcoholic and I believe addicted to Marijuana. He smokes it from sun up to sundown. He has to smoke it before he eats and before he sleeps. He often will wake up in the middle of the night and smoke. Are these all signs of Marijuana addiction?
hi! Knowing from experience from my relationship. He’s addicted to weed. If he says things like “well I need it to sleep, I need it to eat” I see that as codependent which leads to addiction/is already addiction.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My oldest son's daddy used to smoke weed nearly all morning, day and night. Sometimes, he'd get so stoned that his head would start to twitch and I found that extremely concerning. That was 30 years ago and over time, as he began to smoke less, I noticed that his twitching disappeared. A symptom? Sure seems like it.