Notices

I do it like this

Old 07-14-2020, 10:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

I do it like this

I remember russell peters saying recently that if your talking then your not listening or somrthing like that anyway my point is after roughly 9 months of AA meetings in my early recovery i used to sit outside meetings over an hour early just so i knew i was safe ish all on my own didnt really have irl friends still dont but i kept at it started group therapy with ppl with all diff addictions and we done things in classes about it i reccomend it as a mountain tool obvs as to me it was key to recovery

i then found SR and in particular i loved how this place operated with patience kindness and ethics which over time has helped shaped my recovery and my life in general but specifically strenghtened my resolve my understanding in so many aspects of my knowledge of sobriety not blowing a bubble just saying the more you know about all this and in particular understanding yourself .. your going to find out a lot more than you think you know rn as recovery truly opens your eyes to the matter of your soul/Existence/Purpose etc

listen to anything Dee74 Anna Opivotal and Scott say i learned more of these 4 with many ups and downs along the way but thier insight is second to none imo

there are SR angels and to you all as you know who you are i love you thank you for helping out way more than i do and giving your time obvs kris soberleigh venus spring to mind as they really have taught me love it took time but i think im there

it takes a village to raise a child .. lets remember that in these uncertain times my hand is out to anyone anytime ok im off for some weightlifting #SoberMusclesMoveMountains
Old 07-15-2020, 06:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Totally agree. I'm 6 months sober and the world is opening up now. I'm actually excited for the future which is a really strange feeling for me. And I'm super confident in my decisions. Becoming less self critical. Anxiety is diminishing.

To anyone trying to get sober, life is so much better over here. Come join us!
Old 07-15-2020, 04:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Sober45 View Post
Totally agree. I'm 6 months sober and the world is opening up now. I'm actually excited for the future which is a really strange feeling for me. And I'm super confident in my decisions. Becoming less self critical. Anxiety is diminishing.

To anyone trying to get sober, life is so much better over here. Come join us!
Your sobriety date is just a little bit ahead of mine and I couldn't agree more with your sentiment. Life IS so much better over on the sober side. I don't miss the physical and mental anguish one bit!!