Notices

I survived

Old 07-13-2020, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I survived

...barely. I ran hard for 7 days. Not much recollection of the time ... but I am now feeling the misery. My body is tired and is wondering why it’s even trying if I’m just going to pour enough poison to kill 10 men into it.

I wanted to thank everyone that have been checking on me in my ‘Jesus’ thread. I have decided to do 90 AA meetings in 90 days. I have to ramp up my recovery. My mind, body and soul are dying.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope the kids and the furry friends are ok BABM. Glad you are giving it another shot. Are you sober today?

You have to get sober for good my friend. One of these times you aren't going to come out of one of these. Let's get sober and stay that way, ok?

When you feel half-human again, what will you do differently this time? Sounds like 90 AA meetings in 90 days is an excellent start.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to have you back. I knew you would come back. The AA plan sounds awesome. Also, post here again too you help a lot of people here including me. Try and drink some water and get a walk in today.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
...barely. I ran hard for 7 days. Not much recollection of the time ... but I am now feeling the misery. My body is tired and is wondering why it’s even trying if I’m just going to pour enough poison to kill 10 men into it.

I wanted to thank everyone that have been checking on me in my ‘Jesus’ thread. I have decided to do 90 AA meetings in 90 days. I have to ramp up my recovery. My mind, body and soul are dying.
Thanks for posting BABM.

I was just wondering how you were doing...

Question: Have you done the 90 in 90 before? I did the 90 in 90 thing a bunch of times over many years. In my experience, my story, it never worked for me. The light bulb finally lit up when I asked myself what the hell am I doing this for if it wasn't helping? It's funny you have this in your signature because I was just going to say that I finally took AA's advice about doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

If you've gone down this path a million times before, how about trying something new? I don't know what that looks like for you because everyone is different. Maybe it is AA, I don't know. Maybe it's exercise, eating right, mindfulness, positive thoughts (daily task for me) and affirmations in different places (SR is definitely a great one), seeing a therapist/counselor, etc...? No idea.

Join us in the July Class!
Old 07-13-2020, 12:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know how you are feeling. Too many times I have woken up one morning and can't remember what I was doing for the last week. I usually have vague memories but just snippets that I can't put a date and time on. You know the saying: 'fall down a hundred times, get up a hundred times'. That's the important thing.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

BABM, I know it's hard to get through these early days, but remember that you never have to do this again.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey, BABM. I am very glad you are back. I have been in that place where I could tell I was dying--physically, mentally, and spiritually. It is a dreadful feeling, but this can be the last time you experience it. One of the things that keeps me sober is the knowledge that I can't handle another drink; I couldn't stop once I got started and don't have another quit in me--the last one almost killed me, and I'm not exaggerating. I can only imagine how my next binge would end. I like being alive now a LOT more than I used to, and I don't want to mess it up now. I think 90 in 90 is a splendid idea-the support will be very valuable. Wishing you strength on your sober path--you can do this.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Get all the support you can get and use it. You can do this. Have faith in yourself.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to have you back BABM.

I think the way forward is to do more - I think 90 in 90 is a great idea if you can manage it.

D
Old 07-14-2020, 06:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How are you doing BABM? Hope OK?
Old 07-14-2020, 08:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How are you feeling BABM? I suspect you may be feeling a bit better now but maybe some withdrawals? Check in and start to post again to help protect your sobriety. When are the kids coming over again?
Old 07-14-2020, 09:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Good to hear everyone's voices. I'm doing ok. Demoralized but hopeful. Kids will be here in about 10 days. That's always my happy time. Trying to be productive at work. Working from home is a hard transition, but I do prefer it. Hope everyone else is doing their best.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Keep at it and imagine where you will be in 10 days when they come. You know the drill. don't drink and all else will fall into place.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you BABM. Hope you aren't too miserable today. Those Day 1's through 5's are certainly not fun.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
Good to hear from you BABM. Hope you aren't too miserable today. Those Day 1's through 5's are certainly not fun.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Yesterday really sucked, today is just average suck. DO NOT want to dial into my home group meeting tonight, but I will. Humility and all...
Old 07-14-2020, 05:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope every day is a bit better from here on in BABM.

D
Old 07-14-2020, 06:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
p***enger

You can do this, BABM!

I did 90 and 90, I think. I wasn't actually counting but I was going to 1-2 meetings every day for a long time. It kept me off the streets and kept me talking to people trying to deal with my same problem. Filled my head with sober advice. Good thing to have in your head, in my experience.

PS, no rule you need to slow down when you hit 90 days, either.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Samantha

90 in 90 is a great idea. I've seen it work for a lot of people!
Old 07-15-2020, 11:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hows it going today BABM?
Old 07-15-2020, 11:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Whats up BABM? Glad to see you back here as well. Are you sober today?