Notices

Cravings put me in a funk

Old 07-05-2020, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cravings put me in a funk

I’m still sober at 1.5 years, but this weekend was a little tough. I knew I wouldn’t drink, but I did have some grief around not drinking ever again. I won’t romanticize what I miss about drinking, but a few events triggered those feelings. I probably should have posted here right away, because instead I kind of let the bad feelings fester and ended up being bratty towards my husband today and it wasn’t fair to either of us. I’m glad I came here to read, because I hadn’t connected my feelings until just now so I feel like I can explain myself to him and apologize. He’s a good guy and was trying to cheer me up today, but my anxiety was just on another level. I don’t get that way much any more, so I kind of forgot what those cravings can do to me for a day or two. Fortunately, I did know I wouldn’t drink, but this is all a good reminder to check in here more than I’ve been doing recently. Thanks all for being here!
Old 07-05-2020, 06:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Hi KeepingUp

Congrats on 1.5 years thats amazing! I hear all the time people talking about how it gets easier with time but I don't know if that's always the case? Maybe it's just different. I dream to myself about getting a year of sobriety as if it is a magic number but it will likely be the same as any other day. Not real uplifting I know.

Sorry to hear you had a bad day but I love seeing people post rather than just drinking then coming back. It gives me hope that I might be able to do that someday! Hope things are going better now.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you! I’m feeling much better. And it does get easier, which is why I was so thrown off. I never thought I’d actually drink, I just got bummed feeling nostalgic about the “good times.” Still, I know the bad times aren’t worth it and I’m so much happier/healthier overall sober. Bad days still happen and maybe I’m still getting used to not being able to blame them on a hangover
Old 07-05-2020, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on getting thru that funk.....I had 8 years at one time and had those funks at certain times and knew I wasn't going to drink I was just mad that I couldn't....so I do know that exact feeling...
Congratulations on 1.5 years and many more!
Old 07-05-2020, 06:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on a year and a half sober! As to the feelings of 'missing out', just acknowledge them and let them go.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got through keeping up - 18 months is great

D