Notices

Adding Layers

Old 07-01-2020, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Adding Layers

As recommended elsewhere I am adding layers to my recovery (or lack of!) In the hope I can kick this crap to the kerb once and for all. Took time off work this week and got beyond trashed as that just seemed to be the default thing my brain wanted to do. At the height of 'the session' I was unresponsive for short periods and puking in my sleep. If it wasnt for my gf, I'm not even sure I'd be here. I've been relapsing of late but nothing this serious. I have to be more accountable. I've registered to this site a long time ago but never been active. Time to plug myself in properly. I intend to be as supportive to others as possible too. I'm quite a busy/active person but shall make sure I keep myself connected. Nice to meet you all.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"I have to be more accountable. I've registered to this site a long time ago but never been active."
This is something that I will commit to, as well. Something needs to change, and I assume that is what you mean about adding layers to your recovery.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi GeoGo,

Yes that's exactly it. I follow a lot of forums/fb groups but remain silent on most. I've been putting together 100 days here, 30 days there. I never seem to keep it on track though. So I have to add more things to it. I shall be going back to meetings when it is possible. The relapses are getting worse. Put myself properly on my backside this time. There will be a time I wont wake up. I cant do that to the people I love.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Geo and red, In my opinion posting is critical. Not only should you reach out and get help and advice but by posting and encouraging others you also encourage and heal yourself. Right when you move to day 2 there will be others just getting into day 1 that you can help.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and working on your recovery. This message board and the community here can be so helpful to you if you continue to read and post.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all. It's really appreciated
Old 07-01-2020, 12:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep at it redlboro.

You will crack the code and will never look back.

Six months for me and so much better. Definitely times of struggle, but it gets easier.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Geo and Redlboro
so glad your gf was with and you are here on SR today, do you have any sort of plans besides SR for continued sobriety? Always good to have a few back ups.
Wishing you the very best and looking forward to supporting you (and vice versa!) on your journey,
Love Billy x
Old 07-01-2020, 12:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've heard these 'layers' referred to as recovery colatoral. The more you have, the better your chance of sucess. I'm surrounding myself in podcasts, forums, quit lit and non-alcohol treats. Day 6...going OK so far.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hadders View Post
I've heard these 'layers' referred to as recovery colatoral. The more you have, the better your chance of sucess. I'm surrounding myself in podcasts, forums, quit lit and non-alcohol treats. Day 6...going OK so far.
Absolutely this! I just forget **** times after so long. Fading Affect Bias (FAB) I think it is. I definitely get complacent. Every time 😬
Old 07-01-2020, 07:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hello redlboro and Geo,
staying connected has been my “daily do” and has served me very well.
welcome to you both and stick around