Notices

Day 14

Old 06-29-2020, 09:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 14

Well after today I’ve done 2 weeks!

As the days add up and newer people arrive on here, I want to tell you that it does get easier. For me it’s easier because I’m last the physical side of it.

It’s not easy though. And i’m having to begin the work on the pychological side of things, which isn’t easy.

However i know it’s going to be worth it all. To be a fully functional person. Even if it did take me till my mid/late 30s
Old 06-29-2020, 11:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Morning Al. Yes it gets easier, no it's not easy! It reminds me of a professional marathon runner who makes it look easy...thanks to the 15 years hard work they've put it, getting up early to run in all weathers.

Whats the plan for the day? Two weeks must be due a celebration, something really healthy or that you couldn't do it you were drinking?
Old 06-29-2020, 11:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome Al! Keep it up!
Old 07-01-2020, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

2 weeks...congratulations....don't let it go...don't go back....it gets easier to go back as more time passes when I get sober...because I start to feel really good and then think ….my body isn't as bad as I thought....I can just have a few...and I always, always end up back in a dark place.
I know your not talking about cravings yet...this is just what has come to my mind reading your post...the last couple of times I went on a bender was shortly after reaching a 2 week mark.....Stay vigilant
Old 07-01-2020, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job AI. It does get easier in many ways as the horrid physical symptoms abate and our mind begins to quiet some. That dirty little AV of ours never stops its incessant chirping. That is really the thing to work on from now on. I read story after story on SR of people with long term sobriety picking up a drink again and it is scary. Stay vigilant. I'll tell you from 2 weeks to 7+ months, it goes fast and the benefits keep revealing themselves.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks.