Notices

Recovery Nuggets of Wisdom

Old 06-28-2020, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recovery Nuggets of Wisdom

As someone who rarely has an original thought I really like picking up nuggets of wisdom from other folks in recovery. One of my favorite slogans came from a long term poster here on the SR forum.
Every Saint has a past and every Sinner has a future.
I occasionally repeat this saying at the AA meetings and people think I said something worthwhile. But I'm just a repete-o-matic.

Anyway given the COVID times I got something today from another member of the AA fellowship. She realized that:
The world is not getting better but she is.
Is this as catchy as the first slogan? Maybe not but it's my new nugget for today.

Anybody else have a nugget of wisdom slogan they would like to share? I can always use some new material. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by AAPJ View Post
As someone who rarely has an original thought I really like picking up nuggets of wisdom from other folks in recovery. One of my favorite slogans came from a long term poster here on the SR forum.
Every Saint has a past and every Sinner has a future.
I occasionally repeat this saying at the AA meetings and people think I said something worthwhile. But I'm just a repete-o-matic.

Anyway given the COVID times I got something today from another member of the AA fellowship. She realized that:
The world is not getting better but she is.
Is this as catchy as the first slogan? Maybe not but it's my new nugget for today.

Anybody else have a nugget of wisdom slogan they would like to share? I can always use some new material. Thanks!
Hey PJ,

I'm not in AA, but I've always said if I'm living with one foot in the past and the other in the future I'm missing out on today.

All I got for now
Old 06-28-2020, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My only issue with the second one is that it seems a bit negative. Mine that I made up is in my signature. At least the last part. The first part I copied