Notices

Day 2: My confession

Old 06-22-2020, 12:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2: My confession

Thanks for reading this in advance if you do

This yet another day two. But there are things are going to happen that will cause true issues. I'm admitted for the first time that I'm really done with this drinking. Things are going to happen that will have to keep me from it. And its a chance I could lose more than I already have. Some was lost due to the virus non drinking related. But I honestly admit that it was me that used it as an excuse (since I was doing much) to start to drinking again. I neglected some important legal stuff because I didn't care anymore. I would just drink, workout, watch shows and music on the computer (in between drinking). I had unemployment issues and held me up and Iaid off and couldnt come back cause I missed the first two days going back. I tried to get rides but no one that was close enough by me for that time of day and uber wasn't running cause schedule a way there and no show. Lost the fake friends I had after seeing how much theyd help me.

My biggest trigger is when many things go wrong at once.

But the ultimate truth from me to you is this.....I've been dying inside from not share the truth to cover myself from getting in trouble. And the music is going to have to faced in a major way. Could lose alota of material things. This is probably the most devastating hit I may take since I began drinking...by a bit of a landslide. Had the lockdown/shutdown not of happen I may have not relapsed.

But that lie will always be there unless I tell everyone I have to the truth.
I still have to do the work of the program and getting professional help.
But that may save my soul cause i feel like as long as the living both a lie and with that one in particular I'll never stay sober.

The saying "truth will set you free" is correct. It's become a must do.
Thanks again for reading
Old 06-22-2020, 03:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey TNTStill
whatever it is you're about to deal with I think its best dealt with sober so kudos on day 2

D
Old 06-23-2020, 09:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Avoidance is the major cause of my drinking, it was also the major result of my drinking. Everything that life offers - from tragedies to joys - is best confronted sober.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there, TNTstill. It sounds like you're very motivated to stay sober. How are you feeling today?
Old 06-23-2020, 11:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

TNT, We can do hard things.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

When i made the decision to never drink again my journey was personal.

I don't think there is a cookie cutter way to get and stay clean.

I am still learning, but things are great 97% of the time. This morning I was on the treadmill and I was getting blasted with natural dopamine etc.

I feel i can promise anyone getting clean that if they manage to do it med free and use exercise as the main recovery method they will experience a similar result.

Basically, this is a whole new world. Sort of like opening the door to heaven on earth, willy wonka's factory, or the kingdom of oz. It really feels that amazing.

My wife tried to get me to sip her martini last night and she even asked me to eat her olive. I had no interest.

Being super clean feels way to good.

Anyone still drinking that wants to get clean definitely has something to look forward to as long as they incorporate exercise in the recovery.

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

How’s it going TNTStill?

D